Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrous?

who all has nitrous on here just curious...if you do post what motor and kit

smoke tires, not drugs.

Richie nitrous? i forgot his sn something like that. Hes in florida. Hes prob the main one I hear about using nitrous on this site. He runs an f22a but im pretty sure he can give you pointers. and might wanna check the nitrous section in the performance section. They should have some info there for you also.

EDIT change in name
    Last edited by NAiL05; 09-23-2007, 06:05 PM.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Most people run the zex wet kit usually a 50-75 shot on a stock motor

SOLD!!
      Boosted H22
      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

im using a nos brand kit(holley whatever its called). i got a 75 dry shot on my h23 head swap, f22a1 block. it makes a world of difference in the car. zex = sucky heres why. even though ZEX claims to be the "safer" kit they do really baby there stuff and that is why it is "safer".. what i mean is, NX, NOs and all the other kits that are alike rate at the wheels for HP, and the ZEX kit is rated at the flywheel. so if you want all the power from your nitrous shot then get a nos or nx kit. if you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
        Last edited by whatever210; 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM. Reason: more info added

Comment

you could just change the nozzles for more power.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            you could just change the nozzles for more power.
            yeah i guess you could if you wanted to blow a motor. its not safe to do more than a 75 dry shot.

Comment

according to who?
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                according to who?
                im talking on a stock motor. but what do i know right. i mean im only running a 75 dry shot on my car and have done tons of reasearch. Dry kits can only be jetted up to a 75 shot because the nitrous is not distributed evenly to each cylinder. The injectors give an even amount of fuel to each cylinder, but because some cylinders are getting more than others you will get a dangerous lean condition in that cylinder. Running lean leads to predetonation, and predetonation is what blows motors.

Comment

you just contradicted yourself buddy.

"The injectors give an even amount of fuel to each cylinder, but because some cylinders are getting more than others"

you can also run a system that retards timing in the upper end to prevent leaned out conditions. all this can be done to a stock motor as well.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

whatever you say boss

Comment

You dont know as much as these guys do about nitrous, i wouldnt argue with someone that has been dealing with nitrous longer than youve had it (a week)

Comment

wow ladies ladies...and besides dry kit is why you shouldnt be running as much as you are speaking of lean conditions...im going with nx wet kit 75 shot and ive talked with richie and hes a cool sob! thanks for the help man

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

No problem!! I'm getting you the plugs # today..I have to pull a plug out for it
                          Accord Of The Month January 09
                          Accord Of The Year 09

My 2 Babys
                          BMW TECH FOR 15 YEARS

Comment

awesome and where can i get the plugs

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

i have no expierience or even that much knowledge on nitrous, but i heard if you take the total engine horsepower... and divide it in half, thats how much of a shot you can run safely on a stock motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X