Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

***timing issues when on NOS***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

***timing issues when on NOS***

so retarding the timing is important from what i've read so far. but i see it as a hassle to retard/advance every time. if i was to get the apexi itc, wouldn't this work for retarding/advancing the timing without having to go to the motor with a timing light or adjusting the cam gears every time..
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...=yes&dept=3532

Look at the MSD ignitions
    92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

nice find..was about to buy a used msd 6a in the classifieds. didn't know they had one of these. good looking out
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

You don't adjust cam timing for nitrous, you adjust ignition timing. The best thing to do would be to properly set your ignition timing and then use an MSD timing retard module.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

i retarded mine.....idled like crap...put it back to stock and it runs great, no problems at all.

Juiced member....
          05' will be the year of the accord.

Comment

how much do you plan on running?
            92 DA9 // 93 D21 4x4 // 92 CB7

Comment

i have a 75shot for the record....

but if you do retard it, 2 should be fine

Juiced member....

Comment

Hey what's the RUN on your time slips? I ran a 14.3 on my f22a , 75 shot, Home depot cold air intake.

I had a MSD retard module on my 93' toyota pickup & it's the alot easier than propin' up the hood everytime you wanna run NOS... Touch & Go as simple as that...oh the truck ran a 13.9 on the 1320.

[B]N.O.S. Recommends that you set it back 3 degrees.
                Hey now, My signature was too big, so it was deleted.

Comment

14.3?! u can't be serious! i only managed a 15.4 with the juice, what kinda kit was it? 75 shot as in flywheel or wheel hp?

Juiced member....

Comment

Yup! 14.3
                    Car: 92’ EX 4dr A/T (Old Car)
                    Engine: f22a, SOHC
                    System: Nitrous Oxide System (N.O.S.) Dry set up, HiFlow Valve upgrade, Glycerin Filled Gauge (The most accurate) HiFlow Solenoids upgrade, Matching Nozzle & Vaccume Jets, Bottle warmer Blanket
                    Fuel: Unical 76 – 110 Octane Race Gas
                    Suspension: H&R, Tokico
                    Tire: Yokohama H4 (Street)
                    Tire Pressure: 24 PSI (Fatter Foot Print)
                    Technique: Burnout box till I hear them “Bite” onto the TARMAC

Some ppl ask why an A/T? Reply: It’s more CONSISTENT. (Most Quick Cars Run a Slick Shifting”4” on the floor)
                    No Neutral BOMBS! That’s what Killed my first Tranny.
                    Yes, I did have a Do It Yourself Home Depot Intake (as long as you can get the air in there)
                    Everything listed above are the result of doing your homework & having friends who know their Stuff. There’s no bull shit here, just trying to help.
                    Hey now, My signature was too big, so it was deleted.

Comment

Post the slip and anything else you have to support your claim. I've seen A/T Accords running 60 and 75 shots and never be any faster then a 15.8 at factory wieght.
                      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yea that's the biggest load of crap i've ever heard!!! 14.3 !?!?!?! even if hell froze over you wouldn't even be able to run a 15.3 lol...

my best past with a jdm h22a and tranny with bolt ons running 100hp wet shot on 110 octane w/ 6 1/2lb slicks and rear half of car gutted was 13.17 @ 109mph. w/ no timing retard(loss of power when you retard your timing) so you do the math...

f22 about 100-105 whp then w/nitrous about 60whp more so were looking at about 160 actuall whp in a 3000lb car with you in it AND an automatic tranny yea man you'd be running mid 15's maybe maybe maybe a 15.1 or 15.2 but there's no way in holy hell that you could even break 14's with that setup. it's just not happening. nice attempt at a lie though

let's see a slip that you photoshopped though ( just for effect )

247.2whp JDM H22A w/75shot and few other bolt ons lol
                        281.6whp w/100hp wet shot and 110 octane race fuel

Comment

Working...
                        X