Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Injector sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injector sizing

i plan on building a spray build. aiming for a 100shot (with proper components).

ive built 2 other spray motors (d and b).

but on the h series, should i opt for the 300cc injectors? or will the stock 290's work effiecntly enough? they are 290cc's right?

H22A4 (OBD2 motors) have 290 cc injectors.
    H22A1 (OBD1 motors) have 345 cc injectors.

Usually when you spray, you don't need to up the injector size, so you should be good with the stock ones...
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
      H22A4 (OBD2 motors) have 290 cc injectors.
      H22A1 (OBD1 motors) have 345 cc injectors.

Usually when you spray, you don't need to up the injector size, so you should be good with the stock ones...
      thats exactly what i needed too know. thanks.

Comment

the clips are different on t hose injectors right? obd1 and obd2?

Comment

did honda realize that the 345cc injectors were overkill or what? what'd they change them?

Comment

Yes, the plugs are different. As is how they work. OBD1 injectors are low impedance (which is why OBD1 cars have a resistor box) Peak and Hold, whereas OBD2 injectors are high impedance saturated. I don't know if I would consider the 345's overkill, since they work fine in my H22A1!

No idea why they changed them, but my friend with an H22A4 was maxing out his injectors with a 70mm throttle body, intake, header, exhaust and MSD ignition...
            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

the 345's are definitely not over kill. Just look at this pic of a solution to figure it out.

Now to understand the whole concept read this page. You can figure out what size injectors you need for how many horse you have and so on. Very useful in making a important decision on injectors.
              http://www.rceng.com/technical.aspx

Comment

great info. im going too have a friend break it down for me, but ill get it, lol. its been copied and pasted.

Comment

oem 290s and oem 345s both flow around 310cc due to diff fuel pressures.

Comment

grEAT INFO GUYS
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Working...
                    X