Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrous

Maybe this should be in the nitrous forum and if so move it... I just wanted to know why more people dont use nitrous as a form of power adder? Just wanted to know peoples fears and concerns when it comes to nitrous. I'm a nitrous junky and have been for years. Haven't blown a car up yet lmao. But yeah discuss.
    Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
    registration is free

Illegal on the road in Ontario.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
      Illegal on the road in Ontario.
      Its illegal on the road everywhere... But is that the only reason?

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

waiting on the corresponding drill bit for the tap i'll b using for fuel... ...

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
        My Ride thread
        Flickr
        Originally posted by d112crzy
        And it can only get better. That's the best part.
        All I gotta really say is:
        People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked
          Yes they are illegal but quite a bit of people in the TX area use nitrous. Mainly to spool big turbo's or they just run a nitrous'd out muscle car.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Do you remember what happened to this car?

Thats why Nitrous is illegal.

EDIT: Not to mention, if your caught with it here, your car is impounded for 90 days, you pay fee's to get nitrous removed by a professional, and you get a 3,000$ ticket.
            Last edited by js593; 12-30-2007, 04:04 PM.
            90 Accord EX F22a1 Auto R.I.P.
            2011 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5L GS sport HELLO!

Comment

Originally posted by koolkoreanked

Well, it wasn't illegal in Ontario until recently. IDK about any other jurisdictions.
              2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
              Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
              1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

Originally posted by js593
                Do you remember what happened to this car?

Thats why Nitrous is illegal.
                lol, except the fact that nos in a bottle wouldn't make your car blow up...

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB
                  lol, except the fact that nos in a bottle wouldn't make your car blow up...
                  it would if the bottle was breached with a bullet... then again, i didnt join the mob... they refused my application. They said my car wasnt pimp enough.

Comment

well most people think of nitrous as aids

U WANT TO
                    BUT UR AFRAID OF THE CONSECUENSES

u can see that only good tuners
                    go that far, cuz most will go to

I/H/E

and like u said fear
                    when u loose that fear good things happen

if ur fearless
                    then maybe ur like me.............................................. BROKE
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by PR CB7
                      well most people think of nitrous as aids

U WANT TO
                      BUT UR AFRAID OF THE CONSECUENSES

u can see that only good tuners
                      go that far, cuz most will go to

I/H/E

and like u said fear
                      when u loose that fear good things happen

if ur fearless
                      then maybe ur like me.............................................. BROKE
                      I didnt understand half of what you said. o w8 i 4got 2 tlk like dis.

Comment

jejejeje
                        ma bad

is just people fear nitrous

some EVEN think that is flammable, cuz they dont know any better

is lack of knowledge, or maybe lack of money
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

it would if the bottle was breached with a bullet... then again, i didnt join the mob... they refused my application. They said my car wasnt pimp enough.
                          from what i have seen on mythbusters ...they testet this..it woulnt happen haha

Comment

Nitrous oxide is an inert gas. IT DOES NOT BLOW UP LIKE MOVIES PORTRAY IT TOO. The fast and the furious is a false representation of nitrous usage. You think thats because its illegal try something else. Its from dumbasses that do NOT know how to use nitrous properly that fuck themselves over. I still remember when I was in waco a couple of kids just got nitrous installed on their bimmer. The mother fuckers decided to test it on the highway and next thing you know the bimmer was buried in the back of a semi. Both kids died instantly. Nitrous is a good power adder its just dumbasses that dont know how to use it that screw it all up. Either way its somewhat safer to take it off the street anyway.

The New-ish Ride
                            My old Ride
                            Hear my Vtak!!!
                            MK3 Member #3
                            I piss off people for fun.
                            IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                              Nitrous oxide is an inert gas. IT DOES NOT BLOW UP LIKE MOVIES PORTRAY IT TOO. The fast and the furious is a false representation of nitrous usage. You think thats because its illegal try something else. Its from dumbasses that do NOT know how to use nitrous properly that fuck themselves over. I still remember when I was in waco a couple of kids just got nitrous installed on their bimmer. The mother fuckers decided to test it on the highway and next thing you know the bimmer was buried in the back of a semi. Both kids died instantly. Nitrous is a good power adder its just dumbasses that dont know how to use it that screw it all up. Either way its somewhat safer to take it off the street anyway.
                              lmao thats a good point. I was going to post the same thing about n2o not being flammable. It even says it on the bottle lol. But just the same the guys in the bimmer could have turbo or supercharged the car and did the same thing. I guess the sudden jolt in power can be some what dangerous but no more than a laggy turbo in my mind. But still why dont more people run nitrous... Its like having the best of both worlds. Almost like a 3rd stage of vtec that can be turned on at any given moment.

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

registration is free

Comment

Working...
                              X