Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

dumbass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fearit22
    replied
    Good luck man. Did you notice a pretty big difference with the new tranny?

Leave a comment:

• shanman
    replied
    I had h22 with f22 tranny and a 55 dry zex shot and was hitting 13.7'z @ 105- I just upgraded to a h22 tranny(2 days ago) new exidy stage 3 clutch(two days ago) and a dry 80 shot(two days ago),fluidine radiator(two days ago), walbro 255 fuel pump (yet to install),aem fpr(yet to install) and underdrive pully(yet to install)...I WILL hit 12's by wendsday

Leave a comment:

• Fearit22
    replied
    Next time I go home I'll switch the jet out, get my bottle refilled, and hit up the track. The only thing close is a eighth mile track so that'll have to do.

Leave a comment:

• BlackRc3
    replied
    nope, my timing is still the same as stock.

i haven't had any detonation thus far.

BUMP IT UP TO 75!

Leave a comment:

• Fearit22
    replied
    That's pretty good to know. I still haven't ran mine on the 75 shot... the 50 shot did just fine with the cars I smoked lol. I'm at 110k and my car is still running really good. I have a lot of crap done, but the engine seems to take the power really well so I'll have to put in the 75 shot and see how it goes. I'm just wondering do you have your timing retarded at all or any other safety measures for the nitrous? All I have is two step colder plugs, and I'm not getting any detonation so I think I'm alright.

Leave a comment:

• BlackRc3
    replied
    Originally posted by quadnie
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's kinda rare to hear, suprised you haven't rosted your stock block yet
    how many guys do you know of that have blown an f22a engine on a 75shot?

if you keep it in good condition, it'll be fine. hell, mine's had a tick since the day i bought it at 125k, now i'm at 200k and still going

Leave a comment:

• BlackRc3
    replied
    Originally posted by quadnie
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

how many guys do you know of that have blown an f22a engine on a 75shot?

if you keep it in good condition, it'll be fine. hell, mine's had a tick since the day i bought it at 125k, now i'm at 200k and still going

Leave a comment:

• Fearit22
    replied
    Originally posted by Cloud
    12's are not easy to hit.

Good times 93Juicedacclude. What kinda tires and 60 ft. times was u hitting.
    Well that is what the first line of my post says....

Leave a comment:

• Cloud
    replied
    Originally posted by Fearit22
    They'll be hard to get, but I'm a good driver so I know I can do it. I'm not sure what kind of kit you use, but mine rates the jets in whp not to the crank. Just looking at your dyno numbers it seems that yours is rated at the engine. With the trap speeds you have you should be well into the 12's. I've seen plenty of cars hit 12's with lower trap speeds than what you have. You probably just need to practice some more. I also have a lot of weight reduction on my car. I've probably gotten it 100-200 pounds lighter than stock right now. I'm sure you make little bit more horsepower than I do, but I probably make more torque than you do. Since I have slicks, that will get me one hell of a launch.
    12's are not easy to hit.

Good times 93Juicedacclude. What kinda tires and 60 ft. times was u hitting.

Leave a comment:

• Fearit22
    replied
    They'll be hard to get, but I'm a good driver so I know I can do it. I'm not sure what kind of kit you use, but mine rates the jets in whp not to the crank. Just looking at your dyno numbers it seems that yours is rated at the engine. With the trap speeds you have you should be well into the 12's. I've seen plenty of cars hit 12's with lower trap speeds than what you have. You probably just need to practice some more. I also have a lot of weight reduction on my car. I've probably gotten it 100-200 pounds lighter than stock right now. I'm sure you make little bit more horsepower than I do, but I probably make more torque than you do. Since I have slicks, that will get me one hell of a launch.

Leave a comment:

• 93JuicedAcclude
    replied
    those times are gonna be pretty damn hard to get with a f series, unless your spraying like a 150 shot.

my best pass in the 1/4 mile with a jdm h22a and manual h22a tranny with bolt ons running 100hp wet shot on 110 octane w/ 6 1/2lb slicks and rear half of car gutted was 13.17 @ 109mph. w/ no timing retard(loss of power when you retard your timing) so you do the math... i just need to get my launch down a little better and i should hit some high 12 sec marks.

Leave a comment:

• Fearit22
    replied
    I just want to throw in some input here since I got my nitrous going within the past month. It definitely isn't a waste of money. I'm looking at low 13's maybe even high 12's on a good launch. I have a 5 spd, and a lot, a lot more done than you do though. Still with my slicks launching on the nitrous is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• quadnie
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• BlackRc3
    replied
    well speaking from experience, i've been running my nitrous setup on a daily basis, just ask blamethebunx. i've probably gone through about 2g's worth of the evil juice (not a word of a lie). trust me it's a waste of money, if you want speed don't go with nitrous....i'm a little bit speed happy so it's not really cost effective although the ladies do LOVE the purge out the fender-wells.

honestly just build up a dsm turbo kit for 1500-2g's and i promise you won't be dissapointed.

just so ya know i've been running a 75shot using the zex dry kit for about 4 months on a 180,xxxkm stock engine with basic bolt ons (intake, header, strait back exhaust, ignition)

i ran a 15.4@89mph at the track with full interior and after a few more upgrades and a gutted interior i hope to see some 14's this comming saturday. i'll keep everyone posted.

oh, and just so ya know, my n/a time was 17.6@69mph so it does make quite a difference.

i dunno about you 5spd guys but i have it armed and floored right off the line until i hit the gate.

Leave a comment:

• quadnie
    replied
    you can cheaply turbo your can dude, it's right within your grasp for far less then what you paid for your rev hard kit.

Look into it man.. check out my sig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X