ACURA CL REAR END on CB7! = disc brake/sway bar upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACURA CL REAR END on CB7! = disc brake/sway bar upgrade

Ok so Big thanks to a local guy named Lee, he was pulling and junking some stuff from a 99 Acura CL and said the rear disc breaks should be swapable, and let me have them if I pulled them. So While I'm down there I see a sway bar, and I figure 'lemme pull the whole thing'. We didn't know if the Rear lower support subframe piece would match, so I ran and looked under my cb and it looked close! So I took the chance, and well bolt for bolt, you can take the WHOLE rear piece off of a 99 CL and it'll bolt up to our cars. Bigger disc brakes than stock, bigger sway bar than stock Ex cb7 sway bar.

So not sure if the whole thing has been done before, but thought I would share this here for consideration. took about 7 hours to take mine off and install this one (don't know the time it took to pull it off the other car).

More pics in mr thread...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=65297&page=10

Discuss.
    My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

direct fit??

great find!

ps: wasnt the CL similar to the CD? if it is, then it should fit without much problems

Whats the point of the CL when theres a CD coupe?

Click sig to view MR thread

Links to other rides:
    Honda Accord Euro-R
    Honda Odyssey Absolute
    Honda City I-DSi
    Honda Stream

Comment

no way!

you shoulda taken the front ROH brakes if it was the right one
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

1 it was at a buddy's house, I was offered, so I figured I'd try.
        ... yes, it is the same chassis as the cd! didn't know that the whole rear subframe would work even knowing that but we do now!

2 I think that stuff he'd already taken off. And I didn't want to get too greedy hah, I already took the SUN roof out and I'm gonna see about being the first accord with one of those! sweeeeet...

Comment

That is soooo sick! there were a coupla coupes in the parts garden but I was focused on finding a good cb fender so they passed right under my radar.
          "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
          "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
          ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
            I already took the SUN roof out and I'm gonna see about being the first accord with one of those! sweeeeet...

huh?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Sweet, i know where i'm spending my time this spring and summer. what year CL is that man?

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf
                huh?
                they are usually moonroofs, they don't go up just back. This is a sunroof, it's different.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung
                  Sweet, i know where i'm spending my time this spring and summer. what year CL is that man?
                  99 acura cl 2.3 coupe.

I just noticed though, I think it's just a hair wider? My wheels now have a bit of negative camber (no drop on my car right now) hmm

Comment

i think that the rear is wider, like you said. when looking at the pics of both you can see the CL rear lower control carms are wider. have you driven the car afterwards? better handling?

Comment

Bigger IS Better

Looks you got the same idea i had with that sunroof

I too would like to know how it handles now.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                      Originally posted by Jarrett
                      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

I installed the complete subframe from a cd5 on my car and i noticed better handling, i tackled that job in about 8hrs working alone it was a pain but well worth it

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                        Frost White Member 13
                        My Ride
                        "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord
                          i think that the rear is wider, like you said. when looking at the pics of both you can see the CL rear lower control carms are wider. have you driven the car afterwards? better handling?
                          so I could just switch them out... hmmm might try it b/c it's a decent bit of camber now.

Originally posted by icedplaya123
                          I installed the complete subframe from a cd5 on my car and i noticed better handling, i tackled that job in about 8hrs working alone it was a pain but well worth it
                          Handling is MUCH better, haven't driven it too much but it's more stable, uturn radius is even about 2ft less than before, and when going from one direction to another it switches almost instantly instead of delaying (b/c of reduced body roll). But man the wheels already had an offset that made them stick out, now they are out almost another half inch! yikes! I don't care too much, I might leave those control arms and see about a rear camber kit of some sort b/c being spread out a bit will increase handling really! But when I lower the car it'll be a must, b/c my camber will be at least twice as bad as normal. Hah and now I've got an excuse to make some rear fender flares, something ive been thinking about

Comment

AWESOME FIND! You are my new hero.
                            Originally posted by sweet91accord
                            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate
                              AWESOME FIND! You are my new hero.
                              lol now my blue car just needs red boxers and red cape with the big S on the roof

Comment

Working...
                              X