D2 Coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D2 Coilovers?

anyone running the d2 coilovers on there car? im looking for reviews on them cause they seem to be reasonably priced and i might pick them up when the stimulus checks roll around. itll be either this or replace all my struts with new konis (new fronts and replace the rears where ive got gr2's temporarily)
    the d2's
    http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...cat=461&page=1
    Last edited by mcdizzle; 04-30-2008, 05:12 AM.

My Members Ride Thread
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

i dont have them, but i do want them. but ive heard nothing but good things about them. search its been covered before

Comment

MY YOUTUBE Channel Plz Sub for the Support thanks

^^^ Click for the Link ^^^

Comment

A lot of people on NicoClub have them for s13's.

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

I have also heard that D2 and KSport are from the same manufacturer. Also hear so was megan but i dont know about that one.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
          So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

i love mine!!!! actually my will be for sale once i find stock springs and shocks
            "Know Your Rank"

Comment

Originally posted by 93Lx
              i love mine!!!! actually my will be for sale once i find stock springs and shocks
              pm me with a price and how many miles are on yours and i mite snag them from you before i pay full price for a set.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

yea ive been doing some research on d2s.... they are made in taiwan (like most parts) but so far ive seen more goods then bads. a lot of people were satisfied with them, but some werent impressed with the camber plates cause of wishbone suspension. and the fact if the shocks were to go bad, theres not an american based company that can fix it. (probably gotta send it out)

im highly considering D2s over the F2s since theres some issues with the guys breaking their coils or its just not holding their name.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2
                  yea ive been doing some research on d2s.... they are made in taiwan (like most parts) but so far ive seen more goods then bads. a lot of people were satisfied with them, but some werent impressed with the camber plates cause of wishbone suspension. and the fact if the shocks were to go bad, theres not an american based company that can fix it. (probably gotta send it out)

im highly considering D2s over the F2s since theres some issues with the guys breaking their coils or its just not holding their name.
                  thats the kind of response i was looking for. i still havent decided what im doing as of yet. i really liked my konis with ground controls, but ive been wanting to go to a full bodied coilover for a while now. i might even spend a little more and get the form and functions, havent totally decided yet.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle
                    thats the kind of response i was looking for. i still havent decided what im doing as of yet. i really liked my konis with ground controls, but ive been wanting to go to a full bodied coilover for a while now. i might even spend a little more and get the form and functions, havent totally decided yet.

if your going to get the F2s wait until the revised type 2 comes out... there seems to be a rise in problem with their product concerning that its missing parts...or studs spinning due to welds between the aluminum top hat and steel studs. supposively the revised type 2s are gonna be all steel.

Comment

I absolutely love my D2's, they've been on the car for 2 straight years now, been through over 30K miles and 2 winters. I wouldn't want anything else. Spring rates are 11K F/7K R (w/ increased preload, prob. 8K by now) which translates to 616 lb/in F/496 lb/in R. I don't have any strut bars installed yet, but when the car had just the D2's, it was amazing. I know have Prothane/Hardrace bushings all around. It rides stiff, feels awesome, very controlled. If you want to ride low, get something stiff, I don't care what full coilover you get (maybe not Tein) but make it stiff. I could go on and on but I won't LOL.

D2's are made in Taiwan, wasn't completely happy about that but ARE rebuildable in the USA. I had one shock w/ in the first year that started knocking and it was replaced FOC b/c of the warranty, other than that, no problems.

Be sure for the rears to make your own rubber gasket or plumber's putty for the top hats, you'll get water inside the car if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7
                        I absolutely love my D2's, they've been on the car for 2 straight years now, been through over 30K miles and 2 winters. I wouldn't want anything else. Spring rates are 11K F/7K R (w/ increased preload, prob. 8K by now) which translates to 616 lb/in F/496 lb/in R. I don't have any strut bars installed yet, but when the car had just the D2's, it was amazing. I know have Prothane/Hardrace bushings all around. It rides stiff, feels awesome, very controlled. If you want to ride low, get something stiff, I don't care what full coilover you get (maybe not Tein) but make it stiff. I could go on and on but I won't LOL.

D2's are made in Taiwan, wasn't completely happy about that but ARE rebuildable in the USA. I had one shock w/ in the first year that started knocking and it was replaced FOC b/c of the warranty, other than that, no problems.

Be sure for the rears to make your own rubber gasket or plumber's putty for the top hats, you'll get water inside the car if you don't.
                        thanks, this is the exact reply i was looking for. reading this makes me definitely want the d2s. my ground controls are only rated at 400lb/f and 300lb/r. i prefer something stiffer and ill be running a progress rear sway bar as well. hopefully the guy pm's me back with a price for when he gets his uninstalled.

My Members Ride Thread

Comment

i'm getting some d2's also, as soon as i sell my suspension setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7

Unless you're preloading the spring more than 1 inch it isn't going to change anything from an "unpreloaded" spring. This is a good thing btw.

You can't change spring rates unless you change the spring.
                            For Sale:
                            itr mid pipe = $80 + shiping
                            tr injen sri $80 + shipping

(2) Eibach ERS 600x2.5x600 = $80shipped in US

Comment

Originally posted by azian21485
                              Unless you're preloading the spring more than 1 inch it isn't going to change anything from an "unpreloaded" spring. This is a good thing btw.

You can't change spring rates unless you change the spring.
                              Yes, in a sense you are right, I did not install an 8K spring in the rear BUT by increasing the preload you can sort of "imitate" the characteristics of an 8K spring but w/ a 7K spring. Also, I'm sure length of the spring, coil diameter, and other factors would determine how much preload is needed. By saying 1 inch, I feel more factors need to be evaluated before just throwing preload specs out there.

It was my estimation and I'm not saying I'm right but I can tell you this, even 5/16" increased preload made QUITE the difference

Comment

Working...
                              X