Where to get lowered car aligned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get lowered car aligned

So I just sat at an alignment shop for 2 hours to be told that they couldn't do anything. Needless to say, I don't want to do that again, so where are some places that you all that are lowered go to get your alignment done?

P.S. Local Joe Schmo isn't a response I want to hear because your local guy won't be able to get me aligned, seeing as I don't live near you.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
    So I just sat at an alignment shop for 2 hours to be told that they couldn't do anything. Needless to say, I don't want to do that again, so where are some places that you all that are lowered go to get your alignment done?

P.S. Local Joe Schmo isn't a response I want to hear because your local guy won't be able to get me aligned, seeing as I don't live near you.
    I took mine to Firestone.
    That was with a 240sx slammed on coilovers.

I'm sure you have Firestone.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by Joshs92ex View Post
      I took mine to Firestone.
      That was with a 240sx slammed on coilovers.

I'm sure you have Firestone.
      Alright, thanks for the possibility. I believe I went to one Firestone a week ago and asked about it and they wouldn't even look at my car I'll hit up the other ones and ask around.

Comment

I went to Town Fair Tire.
        NEW PSN
        H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
        RIP

Comment

dont go in the store and say my car is lowered, they will eitther tell u no or charge u extra.....just walk in a ask for an alignment
          93 SE F22A6

Comment

I got to NTB, I have a 3 yr alignment program on my CB, 2 yrs to go, and I paid $150 for it, pays for itself after about 2 visits I did so much suspension stuff last summer, steering rack, adjustments w/ the D2's, 90% of all the bushings, that def. came in handy

Comment

Sears is okay, but they're too damn picky. B/c one time I went in and it was fine, the next time I went in, and they said my steering rack boots were torn, therefore they wanted to replace the steering rack before the alignment would get done.

So idk, My car is lowered about 2 inches....not slammed but my Legend lip always hits their racks, thats why i always bring two pieces of 2x4's w/ me everytime i go.

member's ride thread
              93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
              99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
              91 Accord SE 176k
              97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                Sears is okay, but they're too damn picky. B/c one time I went in and it was fine, the next time I went in, and they said my steering rack boots were torn, therefore they wanted to replace the steering rack before the alignment would get done.

So idk, My car is lowered about 2 inches....not slammed but my Legend lip always hits their racks, thats why i always bring two pieces of 2x4's w/ me everytime i go.

Call a local major tire center like Discount, they should know.
                Your welcome.
                Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                  Call a local major tire center like Discount, they should know.
                  Your welcome.
                  Discount only does tires not alignments though.

member's ride thread
                  93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                  99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                  91 Accord SE 176k
                  97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by ancona46 View Post
                    dont go in the store and say my car is lowered, they will eitther tell u no or charge u extra.....just walk in a ask for an alignment
                    And then wait for two hours only to be told that they can't do anything?

That's the kind of situation I'm trying to avoid. I guess this is too much a store-to-store thing that can't be discussed by people all over the country. Because one of you may go to Sears and have a great experience, where when I go there they take one look at my car and tell me to scram.

Moral of the thread: Get them to assure you that they can do what you want before waiting around

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                      Discount only does tires not alignments though.
                      WOW. your right. what was I thinking, a business that sells thousands of tires a week wouldn't have any idea who does alignments on modified cars.
                      Please don't do as I suggested. Sorry
                      Take that freek show to the park, maybe the squirrels will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                        WOW. your right. what was I thinking, a business that sells thousands of tires a week wouldn't have any idea who does alignments on modified cars.
                        Please don't do as I suggested. Sorry
                        Ahaha nice. I know that Firestone does that kinda of stuff, because they advertise lowering cars on their website, so surely they can align on.

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

some dealer ships havem. and i work for one and we dont slamed civics before

The Race Car

Comment

goodyear did my grand am when i had it dropped 1.8"
                            93 SE F22A6

Comment

Oh, which reminds me and I'm not trying to shoot down the dealership idea by any means, but my local Honda dealer "did" my 1st alignment b/c I didn't know where-else to go @ the time, did a horrible job and treated me like crap. It was the service manager and 2 other employee's VS. me, they gave me so much crap and excuse after excuse Let's just say I get my parts from Majestic now

Comment

Working...
                              X