Brake Booster failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Booster failing?

do boosters go out completely or do they slowly go? my brakes arnt the best i know, but i think i might have a bad booster also.

^Have you pumped the brake pedal afew times w/ the car off to see if it holds vacuum? Then you'd hold your foot there (should be very solid) start the car, and the engine's vacuum should pull the pedal back down.

Comment

ah, ok. ill try it when i go out later. this non-abs conversion will be the death of me. i had to get the booster at the JY so im not comfident its good or bad. i also can shell out 2-3 bills for a new one.

Comment

oh yeah. also as i break i hear and feeel a pop. it usually does it after i havent driven for a few day but sometimes itll do it as im driving....

Comment

cud b a m/c or booster i say change em both while u got em out. popping when u brake sounds like ur caliper isnt releasing ur brake properly
          Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

calipers and m/c are brand new. the popping sound seems like its on the firewall somewhere. it wont quit raining in fl and i havent been able too check it.

Comment

Booster failure will make your brake pedal hard.
              Last edited by ExplodingCake; 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

i did some testinig today. the booster seems fine, i think its my rear calipers. theyre all sorts of fucked up. my ebrake hasnt worked in months. i finally got a job after being laid off for 4 months. so once i get back on my feet, ima buy some reman calipers and pads. then everything will be new.

Comment

Originally posted by Cakeboy View Post
                  Booster failure will make your brake pedal hard.
                  really? My brake pedal would sink all the way to the ground and hardly stopped my car.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                    really? My brake pedal would sink all the way to the ground and hardly stopped my car.
                    sounds like air in the lines

Comment

oh sorry, I was thinking brake master cylinder and not "brake booster."

my mistake.

Comment

I just replaced my master cylinder. At first I thought I had air in my brake lines. When I was at a complete stop, the brake pedal would slowly go to the floor. Changed the master cylinder, now the brakes are good as new.
                        1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

have you bench bleed your new M/C beffore installing it? or installed and then filled with brake fluid?

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
                            have you bench bleed your new M/C beffore installing it? or installed and then filled with brake fluid?
                            I bench bleed mine. That's the only way I've ever replaced master cylinders.
                            1990 LX Coupe-----1992 LX Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by marquisdee1018 View Post
                              I bench bleed mine. That's the only way I've ever replaced master cylinders.
                              I bench bleed it while its already on the brake booster. I have some1 hold the pedal down and I loosen the 2 lines going to it till I get a stream of brake fluid. Is this ok?

And also I'm having kind of the same issue. I did a non abs conversion n my pedal gets softer n the more I press it. Once I let it go it becomes hard again. And when I reverse it loses all pressure. And also.. I have the bouncing idle problem .. And when the brake pedal is pressed the rpms jump even higher.. I'm not sure if its the brake booster or not. Can someone help me?

alone in this game . ::My Ride My Way::

Comment

Working...
                              X