No announcement yet.

Cheapest suspension setup for lowering your car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I'm just a suspension moderator. And we should stop the talk about giving credit and who's business is who's. There's no point.

Back on topic, you should all look at my thread titled legitimate balanced suspension for under $1000, and let me know what you think. It incorporates the original post of this thread into it.
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

forgive me for butting in. I really don't have much knowledge in this, nor do I know what the numbers mean in the strut,sprint,coilover compilation thread.

however, Megan racing springs here for 130.
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...Q5fAccessories

feel free to say poo on those. but I know megan is one of the "at least you didn't get some random ebay" options. but i went ahead and bought the koni+neuspeed option... which right after doing that i decided I should've got H&R instead. LOL

H&R Sport Springs here for between 180-190 shipped
      http://cgi.ebay.com/H-R-SPORT-SPRING...item1c138fa699

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by blu35p4rr0w View Post
        forgive me for butting in. I really don't have much knowledge in this, nor do I know what the numbers mean in the strut,sprint,coilover compilation thread.

however, Megan racing springs here for 130.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...Q5fAccessories

feel free to say poo on those. but I know megan is one of the "at least you didn't get some random ebay" options. but i went ahead and bought the koni+neuspeed option... which right after doing that i decided I should've got H&R instead. LOL

H&R Sport Springs here for between 180-190 shipped
        http://cgi.ebay.com/H-R-SPORT-SPRING...item1c138fa699
        The H&R and Neuspeed springs are nearly identical in spring rate and quality.

Megan racing's products are pretty good, but I wouldn't say they are exceptional like H&R or Eibach.

Comment

im interested in doing this setup, what is the drop on this??

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
          Originally posted by keepinitclean
          I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Yep, this is it. I'm tired of people buying crap and cheaping out

Originally posted by lordoja
            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
              im interested in doing this setup, what is the drop on this??
              1.75 front and 1.50 rear

my new turbo build

Comment

or some kyb gr2s and dont lower it more than 1.5 as recommend

Comment

Originally posted by problemva View Post
                  or some kyb gr2s and dont lower it more than 1.5 as recommend
                  GR2s are stock replacements, you shouldn't be putting ANY lowering springs on them. Plus they're only like $50 cheaper than STR.Ts

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I just read threw this thread. Im going to use the Koni STR.t orange shocks. Now my question is what drop springs will give me 1.7" of drop with these shocks? Also is 1.7" of drop safe with these shocks??
                    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
                      I just read threw this thread. Im going to use the Koni STR.t orange shocks. Now my question is what drop springs will give me 1.7" of drop with these shocks? Also is 1.7" of drop safe with these shocks??
                      Yes they can handle that drop. Refer to this thread for all your lowering spring options:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

I think someone should try the progress sport springs with these shocks. I think that would be a killer combo.

Comment

Is there a good quality, decently priced spring that will give a 2-2.25" drop when paired with the STR.Ts?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                        Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Originally posted by Pali_Mo View Post
                          Is there a good quality, decently priced spring that will give a 2-2.25" drop when paired with the STR.Ts?
                          Read the post right before yours

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
                            Read the post right before yours
                            Ok, thanks.
                            But how do you know which will be compatible? Is there like a max spring rate for the STR.Ts?

Sold to: dbsharp, daheavyking X3
                            Bought from:'93CB7Ex, xkjnboix, duffmanivxx, remix405, CB7tuner official shop

Comment

Ok, thanks.
                              But how do you know which will be compatible? Is there like a max spring rate for the STR.Ts?
                              There is, but determining that is difficult because Koni does not like to release such specific technical information. I would say you shouldn't go above 400F, 300R with the STR.t.

Comment

I liked my Skunk2s. They got a really phenomenal review with Koni Yellows by H23Accord in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X