Extended outer tie rods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended outer tie rods

Hello, is there anyone out there aware of a manufacturer that makes extended tie rod ends for the cb chassis or equivalent? I had my toe zeroed once after I did my drop, but there is deffinately not as many threads left on the rod end and it bothers me. I'm sure I could rig up some sort of male-female threaded spacer to put in their, but something already on the market would be easier and safer. I have searched already so thanks to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Are you really short on threads? Even if you were absolutely dumped, w/ all honda components, you'd still have 1 to 1 1/4" of threads inside the OTR, which is alot, you should be fine. I had to bump the toe out on my CB 3/16" on each side w/ my drop, still plenty of threads left! If you'll never feel good about it, weld on some M14 X 1.5 jam nuts to the OTR. If you're actually going to do this, make sure the threads orientation is correct using either the inner tie rod or a sample M14 bolt. Tighten a nut against the OTR but not too tight, then tack weld it. Make sure it threads easily, you'll still be using the stock jam nut to lock your alignment in.
    Last edited by Granite CB7; 12-19-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Thats a great and simple idea. Thanks!

Comment

Are you sure you're short on threads? Tie rods thread nearly all the way down to the bottom of the inner tie rods. have you actually seen how close it is to the end of the inner tie rod or is this just a guess?

Comment

if your alignment is within spec, why would it matter?
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            if your alignment is within spec, why would it matter?
            I was just concerned with there being sufficient threads left to hold the outer rod to the inner rod since i'm sure it wasn't originally intended to be unthreaded so far. You guys are prolly right and I am just being paranoid. They have held up so far...

Comment

Working...
            X