Accord Dynamic Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
    The first sentence in your response is the reason no one has responded. Know one has a clue about suspension geometry. Most would much rather buy cheap ebay suspension and complain about it. It's just easier for most to do it that way then it is to actually do research and know a little bit about what it is they are modifying.

Good info.... Wish I had the same for the CD chassis....Not sure if there would be much of difference between the two or not...
    I'll look this summer. They should have every production vehicle ever on record. I'm not going to stretch my bounds though. I'll talk to the guys when I get back.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

That is alot of data...
      So weight reduction, suspension changes, bushing upgrades, chassis bracing...how will these affect the graphs?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

It depends. Kinematics won't change. Unless you physically change control arms and such. Lowering your car reduced the moment arm of from the roll center. Roll rates will be affected.

Comment

Ive seen this for race cars before, its important to know how the suspension behaves, so that you can then control and adjust it etc.

But ive never seen this for a road car, but thinking out loud now, i guess all cars that come out the factory in the engineering office will have this data, but wont be publicly available.

Really interesting to see these graphs, as ive driven the Accord in both stock and modified states.

Anyone on this forum can relate and understand the camber and toe graphs, we have this issue when lowering the CB, rears toe in and -cambers up, and the fronts toe out and - cambers up but at different rates.
          Last edited by marcusv8thunder; 03-26-2013, 07:21 PM.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I appreciate you adding this info. I've actually been looking for some of this data. But give us a little time to process the information . You posted 82 pages/graphs in here. Hell it took a while just to copy, title and organize the images on my computer. And it's going to take some time to make sure I actually understand it all.

Comment

I dont understand how to read a bit of those graphs or what the data means, but its very thourogh and is clearly some very important and hard to find data, totally sticky worthy!
              one of these days i'll learn what it all means.

Comment

Bump, we can use this to design the perfect custom suspension

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Great stuff man! do you by any chance have access to suspension point data? Time to crack open RCVD again!
                  spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                    Great stuff man! do you by any chance have access to suspension point data? Time to crack open RCVD again!
                    No I don't sorry.

Comment

damn this is crazy awesome! i commend you on what must have been a ton of work getting all those pictures posted.

curious about this one,

would the slight difference between start/end points of the left-to-right graphs be indicative that your steering wheel is mounted slightly crooked out of line from the rack? or are the tierods barely not matched to each other?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

It's from lock to lock, so the steering wheel doesn't matter. The steering center is zeroed before the test. I would say the rack is very slightly not laterally centered in the vehicle. There is a lot of compliance in the system that could cause this.

Comment

Awesome info, and I can only imagine how long it would have taken to take all those measurements.

Thanks
                          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
                          newer race video,older race videos
                          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
                          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

So... Chrysler has access to other manufacturers' engineering data?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Basically we put the vehicle on a huge machine and hard mount the chassis to the machine, then each tire to an arm and contort the suspension to get these measurements. It takes about 4-7 days to collect the data. Most OEs have their own machine and measure all ofoff of their competitive data.

Comment

Working...
                              X