Brake line issue and setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake line issue and setup

Couple questions I have for the community as i progress with my build regarding my brakes! Wondering if you guys can help me out
    For my brakes i bought a techna-fit braided line kit. On the rear knukcle, the last portion of brake line will not reach to the caliper without bending the sh!t out of it, causing the brake line coating to bubble. That's also with with the angled neck on the banjo fitting facing the wrong way hugging the caliper. Am i doing something wrong? Here's a picture for reference

For the front brakes im using legend 2 pot calipers just need some clarification for rotors, mind you i also have ROH CL hubs. Would i still use the 94 Prelude VTIR 282mm rotors? Do i have to get a smaller braket, 25t/23t or could i still use the existing 28t bracket?

Thanks for your help and input!
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

You could use the 28T bracket but you shouldn't

Get a 23T bracket and 98/99 acura 3.0cl rotors

Thats the exact setup i have.

Comment

That line does look alittle short. I usually bolt down the banjo fitting first, then I figure out the "twist" of what the brake line wants to do. You are right, the banjo needs to arc away from the caliper, not towards it. I think that brake line bracket has a "D" punched into it, you could always round it out into a circle, that way there's all the adjustment that you need if you need more options. Regarding the length, I guess you could slot out the holes in the bracket to get it to sit lower or relieve/cut the 90* bend (not all the way) and bend/twist it down. Be careful of the hardline if you mod the location and positioning of the bracket + fittings. I'm not saying mod the line itself, but what purpose do those black boots do? Is that the crimp? Or it is just a stiff cover to prevent kinks? Those use up some length

The basic idea is to match the rotor thickness w/ the corresponding bracket. So, here in the US, if I were to have Prelude VTEC rotors, I would want 23T brackets for example.

Comment

Thanks Tippey for the info! I'll look for a wagon on my next trip to the jy.

I guess i'll have to bend the bracket so it will angle it closer to then caliper and bend the brake line accordingly.
        Thanks for the help guys!
        Quashish dictionary

Comment

Hoping for anyone with this brake line kit to chime in in regards of having the same issue as i do!
          Quashish dictionary

Comment

Working...
          X