91 Wagon Rear Suspension...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 Wagon Rear Suspension...

Are the suspension pieces for the rear on a wagon the same as the sedan/coupe? I'm mainly concerned about the two lower arms and trailing arm.

Checking with Honda the part numbers are different, but the pieces in the drawing look exactly the same. Didn't know if the part number difference was a model year thing or if I was missing something.

Thanks.
    Bart: What's your name?
    Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

hey man if u go to accordwagonclub.com there is a guy named kabuki and he can find out for u if they are different or not.i think he works for honda or something like that.goodluck

Comment

Excellent, good tip, thanks.
      Bart: What's your name?
      Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

i am interested in finding out if prelude trailing arms will fit my wagon for a rear disk conversion.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=22013
        cb7tuner.com Cleveland division

Comment

heres a link to the rear disc forum at accordwagonclub
          http://www.accordwagonclub.com/forum...pic.php?t=1747

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          prev. post
          well i got it in last night!! the one thing to check is the space between the a-arms the 90 se i got the parts off has them closer together. i had to change out the cross member, no big deal though (4 bolts and sway bar is all thats extra).
          i also used my origonal a-arms.
          thats the only major thing that would of been a holdup, if i didnt measure it before tearing apart. thanks "accord driver" for info... so far so good. to me the worst part was the e-brake cable where it goes over the exhaust and into the car, kinda a b!tch.

another thing i did was before i tightined up the susp. i jacked it up so it was close to where it would be when cars sitting on the ground , then tightined up the bolts. this helps to eleminate bushing bind. if you thightin it up w/ the susp. hanging down, when you put the car on the ground it puts alot of twist on the bushings. now it feels like the susp. is more realxed in the rear, than before. witch is good. just wanted to update on this to make it easyer for others. good luck
          ---------
          i used the orig wag a arms, the 90se had puney stamped steel, and the wag had solid steel. had to change the cross member for the wag has the a arms spaced farther apart (more stability)than the 90 se doner car i used for parts.
          im pretty sure the easiest way is off a 94-97 for the conv. on the wagons.
          the main thing is to measure the space inbetween the arms, theres like over a inch or so in diff. and the trailing arms are the same.

91 ex 1badwag
          91 lx wag (aka the beater)
          92 ex 4-door
          HONDA...its not just a way of life...its an ADDICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X