Accord - Stock Coil Spring Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accord - Stock Coil Spring Differences

My dad's 93 Accord LX auto I just found out has both front coil springs fractured, both in the lower portion (seat) of the springs. Anyhow, I had my 91 Accord EX 5-spd stock springs & shocks sitting around wondering if they were the same part and I could install those on his car. So I took a few minutes and did some research because I knew that our 91 Accord SE auto and this 93 LX auto both sit lower than my 91 EX 5-spd & 91 DX 5-spd and my dad's 90 EX 5-spd.

So in researching official Honda part #'s because I have the Honda EPS CD 76-02 Parts Catalog, I come to this conclusion:

90-93 Accord 5-spds front coil springs:

- (NASCO) 51401-SM1-A21
    - (RISSC) 51401-SM1-A22

90-93 Accord automatic front coil springs:

- (NHK) 51401-SM1-A31
    - (ROCKWELL) 51401-SM1-A32

I did a quick search to see if this topic was already covered, but I found nothing. So I just wanted to share this information.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Cisco, its been a looong time, whatsup.. anyways, there should be no difference in springs because when u buy aftermarket springs the ones for the coupe, sedan, wagon (front), 5spd, and manual are all the same, and there is no clearance difference i think, well from what i can see...

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

I have springs for sale cheap IM ME poo1side on aim if u need them

Comment

Originally posted by LXaccord92
        Cisco, its been a looong time, whatsup.. anyways, there should be no difference in springs because when u buy aftermarket springs the ones for the coupe, sedan, wagon (front), 5spd, and manual are all the same, and there is no clearance difference i think, well from what i can see...
        yea, but they can also come out with an application that is a coverall...they will prolly both fit, but in terms of ride height, I wonder if like I put the 5spd ones, if it will make the car ride higher...because they 5spd in our family do sit higher than the automatics, that's just a fact...I've proved it because I HAVE to use the lower profile jack to get under the automatics and can use the higher profile jack on the 5 spds
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Interesting...but according to Edmunds I believe the automatics have a solid 90# on the manuals, which could explain some of the weight difference. What I really want to know is what other Honda springs fit on our cars...namely, the Civic. I know their stock ones would be useless, but they have cheaper springs in the aftermarket. I'm really curious.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
            yea, but they can also come out with an application that is a coverall...they will prolly both fit, but in terms of ride height, I wonder if like I put the 5spd ones, if it will make the car ride higher...because they 5spd in our family do sit higher than the automatics, that's just a fact...I've proved it because I HAVE to use the lower profile jack to get under the automatics and can use the higher profile jack on the 5 spds
            but are you taking into account trim level and thus wheel diameter?
            weight of a 5 speed versus an automatic?

and of course the lovely thing called time... after all, if the springs on your father's car are cracked, who's to say what the condition is of the other ones?!

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
            X