Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squeak when turning wheels at low speed/stationary

Hi all

I just noticed last night that when I turn my wheel at very low speeds or when the car is stationary and turned off, I hear a squeak.

The time I truly noticed it was last night in a parking garage. I moved the wheel with the car off, not even enough to actually turn the wheel, just enough that you could hear everything steering wise was starting to move...it almost sounded like a squeak a spring makes. I recently did my suspension over...could it be something needing grease?

Mine did that and I had to replace the upper ball joints and bingo squeak gone!

Comment

I think I may have something similar Mike, I thought it was my front sway bar end links, it wasn't. It'll squeak at low speed or stationary on the left side and it could be a ball joint or a tie rod end! It went away for awhile and now it only does it afew times.

I hope you figure it out! At least figure out what side it's on.

Comment

if it the whaling noise.. its a balljoint.. don't get it fixed... you will face consquences, i ignored it.. and my next thing you know my lower ball joint gave out.. and it split my axles in half.. and my tire had a nasty negative camber lol.. the wheel was almost completely off the rotor.
        http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

ouch, well I've had the same squeak ever since I lowered my ride... I replaced the upper control arms, and still squeaks,... I have a feeling its the lower sway bar bushings rubbing, or something like that... cause if the car's up on the lift for a bit, and I drive it away, the squeak doesn't come back untill the springs fully settle, and I'm back to normal low ride height.... thinking a camber kit might fix this then???

Comment

Nah, it's definitely not a ball joint. They've been done. It's literally just an almost inaudible squeak, I only noticed it because I was playing around with the steering wheel when the car is off. It's from the left side. Oh well, it'll probably go away, I mean I've heard it once.

Comment

mines doing the same thing, but only every once and a while will i hear it, usually at Low speeds when im turning...only happends here and there...so i dunno, im lost too lol..

^sold

Comment

Working...
              X