Dropin It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropin It

how long do you think new oem shocks with aftermarket drop springs would last assuming im a good driver and avoide "pot" holes and such..

Not very long, I wouldn't do it.
    My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

depends on the drop, but why would u get new oem shocks? just pay a bit more and get gr2's theyre a step above oem =P works for me tho =)
      Frost White CB7 Crew #28
      RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
        Not very long, I wouldn't do it.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=oem+shocks

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

what??!?!?! he didnt lock it, or have a smart comment? whats wrong with him?

Comment

Buy my setup. AGX shocks Neuspeed race springs 400$ shipped 1 month old

Comment

O no not one of these OEM shock and spring deal......there are differing opinions......from my personal experience, the OEM struts will last less than 10k miles on a 1-2.5in drop and well over 40k miles on a 3.5-4+in drop.....gr-2's are about the same but will last a few more thousand miles for each setup. it also depends on spring rate and such. lots of variables. i'd just get some cheap strut for severe drop and some agx or koni's for a mild drop....again just my personal experience/opinion!
                My members ride thread

Comment

I've been on my drop since March with 10 year old shocks...still going strong. It's a little choppy, and I replaced the rear shocks last month in search of a rattle, but all in all it's all good IMO. People fail to realize it's not the LOWERING, it's the SPRING RATE that kills shocks. I've been about 2.5" lower than stock with near stock spring rates, and I have no problems whatsoever...my shocks aren't even close to blowing; if anything when they're cold they get stiffer...but in my experience, running soft springs will not kill your stock shocks... it WILL kill your undercarriage+etc...

If you're gonna buy new shocks, save up and get Koni Reds/Yellows/Tokico Illuminas... GR-2's are a stock replacement, HP's are kinda iffy, and AGXs are temperamental from what I've heard. I've NEVER heard of anyone complain about the Konis/Illuminas. Good luck!

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Well

Well never done it before but Im thinking the same thing everyone else is thinking wont last very long and the feeling wont be the same. I would suggest just waiting and get the job right the first time rather then doing a halfass job in my opinion. Peace man hope it works out for you.

My ride

Comment

My friend had stock shocks on his civic for 1 1/2 year with Teins on his accord and the shocks are still good, not sagging at all.

Comment

Im running sprint blues on stock shocks. Havent had a problem for the past year other than my car rides a lil bumpy now and it squeaks here and there but nothing big. I still wouldnt recommend it though but if your tight on funds it will last a good while.

The New-ish Ride
                        My old Ride
                        Hear my Vtak!!!
                        MK3 Member #3
                        I piss off people for fun.
                        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Not a good idea.Your going to be bouncing all over the place.
                          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

if u have a low spring rate then yea it will bouncy bouncy somethnig wicked....but the stiff ones seem to ease the bounciness but it is alil harder bounce.
                            My members ride thread

Comment

Mine bounces hardcore whenever i hit those big gradual bumps going fast but other than that the ride is pretty decent.

The New-ish Ride
                              My old Ride
                              Hear my Vtak!!!
                              MK3 Member #3
                              I piss off people for fun.
                              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                              X