Which Springs or Shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Springs or Shocks?

Well I am trying to decide between two different suspension set-ups. I'm looking for a much better handling and feeling ride with the elimination of wheelgap for the new rims. I'm choosing between either H&R Sport Spring (1.7"front, 1.5"rear) with KYB GR-2 Struts or Neuspeed Sport Springs (1.8"front, 1.7"rear) with Tokico HP Series Struts. Which setup would feel better and look better? Tell me your opinion on this.

Based on those two setups, get the Neuspeed sports and Tokico HP shocks.

KYB GR-2 IS AN OEM REPLACEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    91 4DR Accord LX White Auto
    Generic Mugen Lip
    Generic Intake
    EX 4-2-1 Header
    Dynomax Muffler
    Skunk2 Coilovers 560lb/in and Koni Yellows
    ST Rear Sway Bar
    17" Eagle Alloys/Kumho 711's

Comment

I would say go with KYB AGX's instead. You can get them brand new off Ebay for like $300 ... and Neuspeed springs are good too. Your ride will be pretty stiff.

Comment

go with the neuspeed sports and instead of the gr-2s definently pay the extra money for the AGX, you will be happy you did.
        Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

DO EBIACH SPORTLINE WITH BILLISTEIN SHOCKS

Comment

once you go adjustable you never go back

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

I haven't had any experience with either of those shocks since I just decided to go for broke and go from OEM to Neuspeed Koni Yellows but I have had the Neuspeed Sport springs...heck I still have them...and the ride was great! They did not drop me as low in the front as my H&R sport springs I had had before the Neu. Sport springs but I prefered the slightly stiffer ride of the Neu. Sport. I just bought some Neu. Race though which I will install on Friday so I am going to sell the Neu. sport.
              "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Post back about what you think of the race springs as compared to sport. I'm getting some Neuspeed race springs to go with my kyb agx's so I want to know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by h23accord
                  I haven't had any experience with either of those shocks since I just decided to go for broke and go from OEM to Neuspeed Koni Yellows but I have had the Neuspeed Sport springs...heck I still have them...and the ride was great! They did not drop me as low in the front as my H&R sport springs I had had before the Neu. Sport springs but I prefered the slightly stiffer ride of the Neu. Sport. I just bought some Neu. Race though which I will install on Friday so I am going to sell the Neu. sport.
                  hope you enjoy the races

I have races on mine w/ illuminas set on 3

it gives a lovely ride...pretty stiff and painstakingly and sometimes scary stiff on potholes (basically huge bangs sounding like I lost my whole suspention), but my illuminas have held up well, and I'd rather have it nice and stiff than be floating all over the place or bottoming out

I may try setting them to 2 or 1 one of these days just for kicks, but 3 is good for me for now

My members ride thread

Comment

hope you enjoy the races

I have races on mine w/ illuminas set on 3

it gives a lovely ride...pretty stiff and painstakingly and sometimes scary stiff on potholes (basically huge bangs sounding like I lost my whole suspention), but my illuminas have held up well, and I'd rather have it nice and stiff than be floating all over the place or bottoming out

I may try setting them to 2 or 1 one of these days just for kicks, but 3 is good for me for now

My members ride thread

Comment

i'd go for some koni sports. they hel up pretty good to 3.5" drop for 2 years in a row. plus the ride is pretty comfy and tied toghether at the same time.

Comment

OK, I decided to put the race springs on a day ahead of schedule since it was nice out and the rain cleaned up at least some of the pollen. I can only tell you my results based on the shocks I have so results may vary for those with other shocks. Having said that, I feel that I like the race springs more than the sport springs due to the higher spring rate. Funny, but it actually sits higher than the sport springs did back when I first put them on. Currently the rear sits 2 fingers low and the front is like 4 1/2 so I hope these springs settle quick. My Neu. sport took 2 months to settle!
                        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust

Comment

Currently I have no problems going over bumps of any sort (speedbumps are always an exception in any lowered vehicle...but it is still stiff going over them rather than being real soft and bottoming out). The ride is smooth yet taugt (sp?). Lean is greatly reduced even at the 4 1/2 finger height in front. Keep in mind that I also have ST sway bars and also upper strut bars.
                          fliplyricist1, how long did it take for your race springs to settle?

Comment

Currently I have no problems going over bumps of any sort (speedbumps are always an exception in any lowered vehicle...but it is still stiff going over them rather than being real soft and bottoming out). The ride is smooth yet taugt (sp?). Lean is greatly reduced even at the 4 1/2 finger height in front. Keep in mind that I also have ST sway bars and also upper strut bars.
                            fliplyricist1, how long did it take for your race springs to settle?
                            good to hear

I think once they settle, you'll really begin to feel what the 'race' springs are all about

mine were pretty much already settled when I got them since I bought theem used. I have about a 1 finger or very tight 1.5 finger gap all around on my stock 15's w/ stock profile tires. 4.5 fingers in front. wow, it should settle in pretty quickly then, since that's very very high

My members ride thread

Comment

Yea, what is really strange is that on my shocks I have 5 levels of height adjustment. In the front I have it set on the middle level which is supposed to be stock level...I don't mean stock height but stock in that the springs will begin lowering from a stock level. The rears I have set at the heighest setting which is 2 above stock level. For some reason the whole car sits higher with the race springs when I first put them on vs. the sport when I first put those on. I will give them 2 months to settle since it took that long for the sports to settle...if they don't settle anymore than I will just have to drop the height levels via the shocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X