Camber Cornering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber Cornering

I have a set of s tech teins and my camber is off about a degree. My first question is do i need to worry about a camber kit. And when i corner will i be able to corner all out or will i have to worry about the tires?
    Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Some negative helps with cornering, you may only need a kit to extend the life of your tires because you will notice excess wear on the inside edges of the tread. It would'nt be too bad though with only a degree of camber.

That's why I'm using am Ingalls concentric camber kit up front, and shimmed the upper-rear control arms out with some washers. I drive about 90 miles a day, so I already go through tires pretty quick.
    1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
      I have a set of s tech teins and my camber is off about a degree. My first question is do i need to worry about a camber kit. And when i corner will i be able to corner all out or will i have to worry about the tires?

If you want to maintain your tires and decent high speed dynamics, you should get a camber kit. That is unless you can correctly adjust the camber with the OEM suspension components.

When u corner, u will always have to be concerned with your tires, especially if you are cornering "all out." Usually in LHD countries the right side tires wear our first b/c of high speed left turns. (the opposite in RHD countires).

Higher springs rates will also make your tires work harder, thus increase tire wear.
      DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by maroonaccord2.2
        Some negative helps with cornering,.

annnd i do believe a full degree of negative camber would probably make quick work of a tire... a front camber kit is a cheap and easy way to save on tires... and the rear is just as simple as adding a few washers...

Comment

thanks for the help.
          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

i got the suspension setup as you bro, skip the camber kit and ride negative....

i got negative camber read in my rear tire, forgot which one...

Comment

what do you mean?
              "i got negative camber read in my rear tire, forgot which one... "
              Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7shot
                what do you mean?
                "i got negative camber read in my rear tire, forgot which one... "
                my camber is off on left rear tire...left or right i forgot...

Comment

dont worry about the negative camber. 1degree isnt bad at all. just make sure your car is aligned so your toe isnt off. and about "all out" cornering... you wont be able to do that, but not because of the camber. those springs you have are too soft. you need stiff shock or sways to help with that. teins are too soft and youll still get roll. get something like a set of omni's, and youll be riding on rails

Comment

It's not so much the camber you should be worried about, it's the toe. Get your toe all straightened out (if you haven't already). 1* of neg. camber is actually fine if your toe is perfect. I have more than 1* all around and I've been doing just fine since May of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                      dont worry about the negative camber. 1degree isnt bad at all. just make sure your car is aligned so your toe isnt off. and about "all out" cornering... you wont be able to do that, but not because of the camber. those springs you have are too soft. you need stiff shock or sways to help with that. teins are too soft and youll still get roll. get something like a set of omni's, and youll be riding on rails
                      I've been wondering the same. Mine's only dropped about .5 or .75 inches, but I can see slight negative chamber. tires look rather new after 10,000+ miles, so I guess I'll go longer and see how they look. I do believe my toe is off, steering is EXTREMLY sensitive on the highway. I'll probly take people's advice and get an alignment soonish.

lol at the Omin's. They do hurt a bit till they've settled and are adjusted properly. I'd still like a rear sway bar, but they are pretty nice. Especially for $650.
                      Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

im plannin on droppin 1.5"-2" front and back, im keepin my stock rims. should i even worry about camber? or is it a big deal, im still just starting to look into this whole lowering business.

Member Ride Facebook
                        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

well my toe is aligned right because i had the mechanic at the shop that put the springs in. he toed it so that the wear would be as bad. i have front tower and rear tower strut bars if that helps i don see the body roll that bad. but i dont want coilovers yet.
                          Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Negative camber doesn't hurt the tires as much as toe-out or toe-in would..Just keep your toe aligned like DrLove'sKuDang said, and you'll be okay..

Right now I'm lowered about 2.5", running -3.1deg camber up front, and -1.2 at the back..No camber kit..I LOVE how the car handles around corners..Less camber in the back causes the car to slightly oversteer under hard and sudden cornering..Understeer is greatly reduced thanks to the negative camber, even on wet roads..As for tire wear, so far so good, tires seem to be wearing evenly...

Like everyone said tho, keep the toe aligned..Before this, I was running H&R Sports with -1.3deg camber in the front and a toe-out, and also old bushings, old ball joints, etc. etc..Inside of the front tires wore out so fast it's not even funny

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

yeah, I'm just going to keep everthing tight and aligned and forego the camber kit
                              Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

Working...
                              X