Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FYI: problem associated w/ camber kit install (upper control arm, fenderwell)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just out of curiosity, how far are you guys dropping when you experience this? I'm about 2 weeks away from getting my suspension gear in. I'm putting neuspeed and tokico illuminas that'll give me 1.75" in the front. I don't THINK that's enough to have this problem, but figured "hey why not ask"... My camber kit (I've been told not necessary above a 2" drop but my tires already wear unevenly) is Ingalls front and rear...

Also, anyone running with Ingalls front and rubber bushings? I spent the extra coin for the poly because the rest of my busings are poly, and heard the rubber bushings are short lived. Any truth to that?

Comment

I have the poly kit on mine and i haven't had any problems with it. I heard the same deal about how it is suppose to last longer and I can understand it from the differences in rubber vs. the poly. My only dislike with the kit is that it makes noise. I even put antiseize on it and over thime the noise came back again...sounds a lot like walking on snow.
      "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

I have a master kit from Energy Suspension in the front of my CB7... There's a period of about 2 weeks when it gets cold and the car is a pain to drive because of the teeth grinding shrieking noises that they emit... but the stiffer ride and crisper steering is worth it!

Comment

I found these while looking for a solution

http://viberation.com/ryan/aftermarket/GSR.htm

i figured they looked a little more oem than the chassistech ones look. I might experiment and go with these once my car gets dropped [which is soon my friends.. quite soon..]

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

Originally posted by 4th gen accord
            Where can I find a camber kit for a decent price?

I need both sides for the front.
            i have one for sale

Comment

Originally posted by FDAccord
              I found these while looking for a solution

http://viberation.com/ryan/aftermarket/GSR.htm

i figured they looked a little more oem than the chassistech ones look. I might experiment and go with these once my car gets dropped [which is soon my friends.. quite soon..]

umm they are only the anchor bolts.

and i have a chassis tech camber kit for sale

Comment

How did you guys bang in your fender? I have SPC adjustable balljoints, the top locknut is hitting and the outter edge of the balljoint is just barely hitting the side. ....Did you have to remove the control arm to bang it out?

Comment

Does this prob. occur in the 5th gens?

Comment

wait... so how low did you guys drop your car when u corrected camber and heard the banging sound?

Comment

I had my eibach sportline springs(1.75"- 2" drop) on for a couple months with no camber kit, and it never hit at all. I put on SPC adjustable balljoints, and it hit bad a first, but now it only hits on really bad roads. I'm going to try to bang in where it is hitting, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Comment

yea how did u guys bang in the fender well? i tried doing it but there isnt enough room... plus u gotta hit upwards so it makes it even harder... plus its really strong metal where u have to hit. any pointers or directions? i had to raise my car to an ugly height for the noise to go away... 'bout 1/2 inch . anyway at least i dont get harassed by cops as much.

Comment

i have skunk2 coilovers and its to the last thread on the sleeves and it bangs like krzy when i hit bump! trying to figure what im going to do but im probably going to try new shocks thats can handle my drop and be stiff do the arms wont move as much to bang on my fender. if that dont work...i'll figure out some ghetto ways to make it work!
                          Last edited by BuRRR; 02-13-2005, 06:53 AM.
                          hi

Comment

bump cause this thread is important. there are so many questions up there^^^lol and no one got an answer. i wish i knew the answer to the problem, its annoying me like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by yofmatt
                              Does this prob. occur in the 5th gens?
                              Yes, my wife is havin this prob right now, but I just tapped out a little on the inner fender well and then grinded down a little on the a arm thus letting it move freely! Peace!

WaC!

Comment

well, this is a topic im all to familiar with. back in the day, when i used to roll on some cheap ass coil overs,i had my car slammed about 4 inches yes 4. with a camber kit. i ended up grinding the a arm, banging the inner fender and cutting the top of the inner fender. the a arm would literally come into the engine bay. if you look close, you can see were the top of the fender is cut open. nothing would hit at all. ride was smooth, unless i bottomed out the shock,but you know what i mean. anyhow, that was about 2 years ago. then i realized you cant really go fast when your that low, so i upgraded to some eibachs/agx combo and took out the camber kit. if you really want to be that slammed , then thats what you need to do. i wish i had some pics of the way it used to be. oh well.

Comment

Working...
                                X