Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knocking front end

what does this sound like to you guys?

my control arms arent hitting my fenders, my upper balls joints are new and so are the axles. car is on neuspeed race springs, kyb agx shocks, and an anchor bolt camber kit. sway bars are intrax up front and ST out back. strut bars all around but i dont think that matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7_Mscr4E0

im thinking lower ball joints or endlinks on the intrax bar.

Glory says,

"It's probably yer lower ball joints...mine used to knock...I spend $300, got em replaced, best money I ever spent on my suspension. The car feels brand new"

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

one person agrees with me, thanks glory

Comment

i concur with that statement, if you haven't had them replaced in awhile. After this install, you should be good to go for awhile travis.
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

wow thank you, im definately havin this problem rite now.. and i have a set of lower balljoints that i havent used... i think im gonna put them in
          1990 Accord EX Sold
          1995 Accord LX V6 Stored
          1999 Accord LX Daily Driver

Comment

i agree could be a whell bearing also
            cant wait till im all done

Comment

Check your Tie-rod ends, they make a popping noise when they go bad.

Comment

thanks rich

Comment

check ur cambers, make sure no bolts are loose, especially under the hood, those 2 bolts next to where your suspention is...mine were loose and the tire was shakin back and forth a little

Comment

Originally posted by TR_Accord
                    check ur cambers, make sure no bolts are loose, especially under the hood, those 2 bolts next to where your suspention is...mine were loose and the tire was shakin back and forth a little
                    haha k thanks

Comment

Is the knocking on both sides or one? It's prob. the lower balljoints. I would jack up the whole front end w/ the wheels still on, get the wheels off the ground about an inch or two. Then stick a large pry bar under the wheel and pry up repetatively, you should feel some play/looseness somewhere, which will prob. be from the lower ball joints. Or same thing but side to side to check the tie rod ends. Good luck Travis!

Comment

well thanks for everyones input but no one got it right

it was the top strut nut, it wasnt tightened down enough so anytime i hit a bump the spring was moving up and down. kinda scary but its fixed now

Comment

so that helped for about a day, the other noise i was hearing was from the upper strut bar, the threads on the bolt kept coming loose and it was moving even sooo slightly. thread locked it up and the ride is silent

Comment

look at my vids. sounds like the upper balljoing.

Glory you got ripped off on the lower balljoint.

I have a pair ill sell you for 40 shipped. brand new OEM

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                              look at my vids. sounds like the upper balljoing.

Glory you got ripped off on the lower balljoint.

I have a pair ill sell you for 40 shipped. brand new OEM
                              Labor is expensive, considering the correct way to replace them involves removing the bearing first.
                              Engines hate me... thats why they commit suicide

Comment

Working...
                              X