Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lower ball joint breakage w/pics; Ever see this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yup, i`ve got the same prob.solved it and change with the new one.lower ball joint!
    Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Originally posted by uslspct
      haha. Well honestly this and your tie rod breaking off are 2 really crappy things to happen if you were at highway speeds. I really got lucky.

Mine was part of the set from ebay. And including the upper arms and tie rods I haven't been impressed.

Read my post about Shit ARM CAN Ebay ball joints Mine popped out of the socket also. Didn't damage any thing else just shaved a bit of metal off the inside of the wheel. Getting a set of Moog Ball Joint's. Good enough for NASCAR Good enough for ME. Plus the upper is adjustable +1 -1 for camber.
      Last edited by icemanxxxv; 01-21-2007, 08:33 AM. Reason: Missing Info
      Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
      Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

The joint I had in there was only 1 year old.
        Were did you get the ball joint?
        Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
        Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

So I pulled out of a gas station last night and I heard a clunk and then I knew something was wrong.
          Long story short this is what happened...

Joint came out of itself. Also broke my axle. Anyone ever see this?
          same append to me a month ago, the car was pulling left ALOT then i stopped, and while searching for problems..
          lowerballjoint less than 6 month old! dont buy cheap aftermarket.. !!!

Comment

to tell you guys the truth my 90 ex has some auto zone lower ball join for about 3 years now. i haven't had any problems with them.

i bought a new set for my 92 dx. but now seeing what is going on and how low my car is, i will defenitly buy my lower ball join at the dealer no matter how much they cost.
            are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

wow i just recieved my whole up cont arm low b joint in and out tie rod sway bar links all in 1 kit from e-bay. i got from a canadian seller auto-spot-parts-depot the name on the boxes the parts came in is chassis select.i hope these arent the cheap ones now as for play in balljoints ur lower b joint is ba load carrying b joint wich means taking xtra care when installing them any 1 here ever hear of all data we have it at the college i go to when replacing b joint look up torque specs and never use a impact gun on them oh absolutely never use heat on front end parts it makes them weak.

Comment

Working...
              X