Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>Which Camber Kit should I get... ???<<

Hey guys...

Im in the process of getting a camber kit for both F&R of my wagon. I have the Tein Basics coming in on Tuesday, along with brand new wheels and tires, and I dont want to fuck up my new tires...

so heres the thing...im interested in the Ingalls kit since I hear good feedback from it. Now, they have all these different ones with different adjustments. Which one is a suitable one for me, since Im gonna be running tein basics on 16'' wheels...wagon is still a virgin , so this is gonna be a whole new setup.

Lmk what you guys recommend, and as always, Thanx in Advance.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Depend on the degree of camber correction needed.

0 - +1.5
    or
    +1.5 - +3.0

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
      Depend on the degree of camber correction needed.

0 - +1.5
      or
      +1.5 - +3.0
      i mean, i dont have any correction needed right now, because of its stock height, but since i am gonna be lowering, usually it isnt that bad. on that case, which correction should i need...cuz it will eventually happen...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Bori: whats up

I bought the spc for the front, but i still haven't installed the suspension yet so i can't really give you any feedback.

But i've heard good things from ingalls.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Originally posted by laz93se
          Bori: whats up

I bought the spc for the front, but i still haven't installed the suspension yet so i can't really give you any feedback.

But i've heard good things from ingalls.
          LAZ! man, you be popping in my threads like some ghost....were've you been? we def. got to meet up bro....catch up on shit...

on the camber, you DEF. needed them on your car...that had to be the worse camber Ive seen in a CB...lol...but yeah, my plans are getting ingalls, just want to confirm which is a recommended correction setup...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr
            LAZ! man, you be popping in my threads like some ghost....were've you been? we def. got to meet up bro....catch up on shit...

on the camber, you DEF. needed them on your car...that had to be the worse camber Ive seen in a CB...lol...but yeah, my plans are getting ingalls, just want to confirm which is a recommended correction setup...

haha yeah i'am usually looking for most of you guys when ever i log on.
            they just opened a 1/8 track at hialeah gardens we maybe we should have a meet there soon.

Anyways get the 1.5 to 3.0 adjustable camber kit just because your wagon would look better with a lower stance,especially with the 16 inch rims.

and put some pictures of your cb I'AM BORED!!

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

I was trying to figure it out when I got my camber kit, here's some fodder

From ingalls web site

What is camber?
              Camber is the inward or outward tilt of the tire/wheel assembly. This angle is measured from a true vertical line, i.e. perpendicular to the ground. A tire/wheel assembly that is tilted outward at the top is considered to have Positive camber. While a tire/wheel assembly tilted inward at the top, displays Negative camber. For a zero setting, the tire/wheel assembly is in the exact vertical position or perpendicular to the ground.

How far can I lower my car before I need to adjust camber?
              ANY amount of ride height change will cause camber and toe to change. It might not always be visible but having your camber out of adjustment will cause the tire to run on the inside edge only. The lower you go the more negative camber you will get and the faster the tire will wear. Toe will also be affected. Having your toe out of specifications will wear tires and make the car handle unfavorably.

There is more than one kit listed. Which one do I need?
              Ingalls has designed up to six different kits for some vehicles. The correct kit is determined by how much your camber is away from the factory recommended specification and on some kits, what style of bushings you want (see next question).

Example: If you lower a 1992 Accord 1.25”, the top of your tires will tilt inward (negative camber) somewhere between -.875° and –1.5° depending on vehicle make, model, year, type of kit and initial readings. To adjust a negative (-) reading back towards 0 you will need to move it positive (+). Ingalls has kit numbers 35700 and 35710 that will correct up to +1° and the 35720 or 35730 start at +1-1/4° and go up to +3°.

Without having your exact camber readings it would only be a guess at which kit is the correct one.
              I was trying to figure out the equation to solve for degree of camber in maroons DIY thread,

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=camber

Hope some of this helps
              Last edited by accordaffair; 02-05-2007, 03:22 AM.

Comment

accordaffair, thanx, sounds like i something ill be getting. I appreciate it...

Laz, I know Ive kept you bored, all since the white 4dr, but you have no idea how fast I got rid of that car. After putting close to $500 in engine parts and labor, Joe figured out the head was cracked. Nothing big, but something to deal with in the long run. The car was for me, since I had given my CRX to my girl. She ended up getting a 07 civic, I got my crx back, so i parked the accord. One day I came upon a guy selling a wagon, traded him for the 4dr, and parked the wagon for another while. Now, the CRX is gone (totalled) so I pulled the wagon out, and you know how I do...do it right, or dont do it.

Anyhow, long story short, its at Joe's getting the engine overhauled just like the 4dr, spent about $350 on OEM parts, Tein Basic's($$$), and I JUST ordered a set of Rota GT3 16x7's in Red...now all i need is you to sell me those seats! j/k....il post something soon though...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

how do you how much camber ure going to get without the actual install? is it always greater than 1.5. i might need one too soon, hence i am asking.
                  cb7... didn't even know my accord could sound so..so..so cool..

Comment

gotta figure out how much drop the kit/springs will provide

its hard to figure it out without getting the drop first.

Comment

thats what i thought, but cb7pr seems to know already... i guess experience?

Comment

Originally posted by d00ds
                        thats what i thought, but cb7pr seems to know already... i guess experience?
                        well, ive had 7 CB's, and 5 of those ive had lowered, but never installed camber kits...i really never cared cuz the tires werent that great anyhow, and i ended up selling the cars eventually, so i never got around to it.

But now, after being out of the game for a while, Ive decided to start on a clean note, and make sure i do it right. So yeah, experience with fucked up bearings, cambered tires all around is just not my thing anymore, especially since i just bought new tires.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

ah.. gotcha... which ingalls did u decided on?

Comment

i would say go with the kit that adjusts up to 1.5 deg. cause u wont slam the car with the teins, but see what its like when u get the coilovers on. have a shop check ur alignment and give u a print out. then decide.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                              i would say go with the kit that adjusts up to 1.5 deg. cause u wont slam the car with the teins, but see what its like when u get the coilovers on. have a shop check ur alignment and give u a print out. then decide.
                              everything as far as suspension is on, meaning wheels, Teins...the one last thing i want to add is the sway bar kit from S.T. The wagon feels so fucking nice...now, Im planning on dropping the car more since i want it to close the gap between wheels and fender wells...and i did catch some neg. camber today. But tomorrow morning im getting an alignment, so that should hold me up on till i refuel my monetary resources...i want to halt my spending for a lil bit on the car.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Working...
                              X