Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Feature on High-Performance Handling Handbook

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a High-Performance Handling Handbook by Motorbooks Workshop by Don Alexander...and guess what...they have a feature on how to modify a CB7 and in it they talk about how well CB7's react to specifically suspension mods.

So I thought i'd scan it and post it up so everyone can read. Another one for the CB7's !!!

btw here's the book info:

Book Series: Motorbooks Workshop
    Title: High-Performance Handling Handbook
    Author: Don Alexander
    Published date: 2002
    ISBN-13: 978-0-7603-0948-3
    ISBN-10: 0-7603-0948-5

yeah the pics are going to be big; dial-up ppl be careful ur modem might explode
    read on:

question: is this CB7 a member of this site?...anyone know of this car?...its worth a shot.

Last edited by mndude07; 04-29-2011, 03:16 AM.
    DEVOTE

SWEET! Right click save as. Making a pdf out of these for sure! Thank you!

Comment

DEVOTE

Comment

love it!

Member Ride Facebook
        XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
        For Sale Thread

Comment

wow... Thats right on time for me.....

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

i love it... thanks, an 8 in wide tire on the cb looks sexy as hell.
            too bad its not in color i woulda liked to see what color the cb is.
            Last edited by tommi; 03-04-2007, 11:06 AM.
            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Thanks it came in very handy to me.
              Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

skid pad .93- G's. Hmmm smokin mustangs for sure. BTW doesn any one know the increase in spring rate for B/G springs ?

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
                  i love it... thanks, an 8 in wide tire on the cb looks sexy as hell.
                  too bad its not in color i woulda liked to see what color the cb is.

yeah man...wide tires look really good on CB's...in order to close up the fender gap, u can run wider tires instead of dropping the car that much...

with my 16x7.5" and 35mm offset, i have about 2" wheel gap with the fender, but it doesn't seem like that much.

the color...seems to be a darker color...a green, or a blue for sure, could also be that maroon color.

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                  skid pad .93- G's. Hmmm smokin mustangs for sure. BTW doesn any one know the increase in spring rate for B/G springs ?
                  yeah man, .93g's is better than the 06 bmw m3's whose skidpad is around .88...pretty good for a FWD family car.

you can give B&G a call, their tech service will probably give u the spring rates, or at least tell you an approximate increase in the spring rates.
                  DEVOTE

Comment

nyce
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

ok now if someone knows how to make this a PDF file please set it up so I can save it as a PDF file , I want this so bad , im just about to buy all this stuff

17's , D2 Coilovers, sway bars ,

Im anxious now cause ive never even thought of running a 215 instead of a 205 tire

Thanks
                      -Sean-
                      Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

I only had 4 trials left to make pdf's so I made the first 4 pages, hope that helps. Someone can sign up and make the last one. You get 5 free trials.

Download CB7HANDBOOK1.pdf

Download CB7HANDBOOK2.pdf

Download CB7HANDBOOK3.pdf

Download CB7HANDBOOK4.pdf

They're on putfile/putstuff, if anyone has a better file host, I can send them by email.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                        where you been, is something wrong?
                        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

it aint low enough till the wheels tuck
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I wonder what size tires they went with... those look like 205/40s

And the Accord is a very fun car, even stock. I remember a few incidents on the stock suspension where I either entered a four wheel drift under braking or got a little off-throttle kickout... good times. With a modded suspension though I'd rather have it be neutral with a little understeer as having the back snap on 300# springs is a recipe for disaster.

The CB was definitely ahead of its time. When it came out in 1990 it had one of the most advanced rear suspensions in the world... it was the first car w/ non-fluted headlights... and even today it doesn't look 17 years old (at least not the 92-93s)...

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                              I wonder what size tires they went with... those look like 205/40s

And the Accord is a very fun car, even stock. I remember a few incidents on the stock suspension where I either entered a four wheel drift under braking or got a little off-throttle kickout... good times. With a modded suspension though I'd rather have it be neutral with a little understeer as having the back snap on 300# springs is a recipe for disaster.

The CB was definitely ahead of its time. When it came out in 1990 it had one of the most advanced rear suspensions in the world... it was the first car w/ non-fluted headlights... and even today it doesn't look 17 years old (at least not the 92-93s)...

Hey!...whats wrong with 90-91's....they don't look that old either...if u take care of the rust problem

They used 215/40-R17 Continental Sport Contact, b/c the 215/45-R17 wouldn't clear the fenders with the wide wheels and offset.

Can anyone compare the ride and quality difference between Tokico Illumina's and Koni Yellow's?
                              Last edited by lokuputha; 03-05-2007, 11:09 AM.
                              DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
                              X