Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help...Prelude -> Accord brakes??

Got a couple questions fellas...
    I got a 93 Honda prelude with front end damage (doner car) and i just bought a 90 Accord DX. What i want to do is use all the struts, rear disc conversion, and front rotors/calipers off of the Prelude on the Accord.

1. Is rear disc brake conversion possible?? Ive heard of people doing it, just not sure if anything needs to be fabbed or adjusted.
    2. Will the front rotors bolt up with the prelude calipers?
    3. Any links??

Any info is appreciated... Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Cmqqn85; 01-23-2009, 02:22 PM.
    90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
    01 S2000 Silverstone
    90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
    http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

1st off, what trim is this lude? S, Si, Si-VTEC? There are afew members on here w/ some good braking knowledge, I'm sure they might add to this. Regarding the rear disk, source the swap from a CB EX/SE (for simplicity), Prelude is different. Regarding the struts, not 100% but I don't think that'll work. For the front brakes, if its an S or Si, do not bother (from a perf. standpoint, calipers could work, not sure). Prelude VTEC calipers/brackets/rotors are a great upgrade but you would need to convert to rotor over hub, the CB is hub over rotor

There's plenty of info on the rear disk swap and the ROH swap on here, and I think there's a thread or 2 about someone asking about Prelude susp. in the CB, good luck!

Comment

^^ Thanks... Sorry its a SI Vtec. I did notices that the front rotors on the cb need to be pressed and the rotors on the prelude are just held on by screws and calipers.
      01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

Well, that's good for you then, you can def. use some things off of it! Yeah, that's the diff. between ROH and HOR

Comment

So what should i use off of the the prelude as far as the front? calipers only?
          01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

IS the prelude 5 lug? What year prelude do you have for the parts?

If you are going to go 5 lug from a 97+ prelude then you can interchange the calipers, brackets, spindle (with slight modification of the accord lower control arm)

For the rear you could use the wheel bearing off of the 97 prelude as it mates to our cb rear disc spindle. I am not sure if the prelude rear calipers would fit/work back there. You would need an Integra Type R rotor for the disc brakes. (its not as tall as the prelude one)

Oh this is off the top of my head. But finding the year lude you have for parts is needed info.

Good Luck!

Sold, but not forgotten.

Comment

^^ read 1st post. Its a 93 prelude SI VTEC
              01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

You would need to upgrade the front rotors to 11.2" in order to use those VTEC calipers/brackets. In order to use the rotors, you'd need to be ROH.

Comment

accord Rotors Donot Need To Be Pressed Out Off The Hub...theres A Way To Take It Out With Out Pressing Out The Hub Off The Bearing...its Easy As Hell

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                    accord Rotors Donot Need To Be Pressed Out Off The Hub...theres A Way To Take It Out With Out Pressing Out The Hub Off The Bearing...its Easy As Hell
                    lol.

somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post
                      can you provide a link or a d.i.y.?

Comment

linky:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hub+conversion

Comment

Working...
                        X