ABS to non-ABS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS to non-ABS

I'm in the process of looking for a 92-93 ex shell. I want to do a simple wire tuck. but im not trying to hide the brake lines.

But theres one thing that i don't want and thats the bulky ass ABS system cluttering the engine bay.

My question is, if i do get a 92-93 ex, will i be able to take the brake lines off my 90 ex coupe and put them on the 92-93? I know im going to need a 40/40 prop. valve, and the non-abs lines. but im kinda cunfused.

thanks for any help guys.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

no one...22 views and no one can help out a cripple kid...wtf

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
      no one...22 views and no one can help out a cripple kid...wtf

why would you need the ones from the 90 ? the 92 - 93 ABS is not together with your reg brake lines....someone correct me if im wrong

I took the ABS off my 91 SE and it works fine without any problems

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

sorry, didnt know that. im a n00b when it comes to brakes and such.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
          sorry, didnt know that. im a n00b when it comes to brakes and such.

-Jordan
          its all good, no need for the sorry, im a noob on some things 2

Links to my rides :
          1992 Accord EX*
          1990 Accord EX
          1991 Accord SE (4th)
          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
          1991 Accord SE

Comment

If your 90 EX doesn't have ABS, I don't think it does, you're on the right track. Use all 4 of the engine bay hardlines. Your best bet would be the DA, DB, or DC 40/40 prop valve w/ the CB bracket. The only other issue is the 1 odd fitting w/ the EX M/C, you'll need to transfer and reflare.

Comment

i knew what i was talking about...it made since in my head. i seen cp[mike] where he did his, but i didnt know what all needed to be done.

thanks bro. i appreciate it man.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Yeah, n/p, I'm actually doing my ABS removal this spring, so I'm mentally and physically prepared It's pretty straight-forward, just alittle time consuming and tedious.

Comment

lol...i hope i can get this coupe im checking out tomorrow.

ima do another black with grey interior.

what happen to your boy with that teg?

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

okay im gonna jump on here and ask some questions....

i just wanna take off my abs. i think it was the pump that went out. (the abs code said)

so what all would i need to take off ? just the abs system? would i need the mastercylider for a non ABS car? i have already removed the fuse panel and abs computer.
                    Members Ride sold...
                    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Removing all the ABS components, lines, sensors, etc is the fun part, pretty straight-forward, like an a/c removal for ex. Assuming you know about all the pieces that need to be removed, you should be all set. Regarding the m/c, you should def. stay w/ your EX m/c (converting to a DX/LX m/c on EX booster will lead to issues, vtechno ran into this, plus EX m/c is bigger, 15/16"). The DX/LX line that would go on the rear port of the m/c, you need to swap the larger EX fitting over to that. Take a look @ the 2 lines coming into your m/c, see the diff. between the front and rear fittings? ABS equipped vehicles will have 1 larger fitting, just transfer that to the proper DX/LX line, then you will be all set.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                        Removing all the ABS components, lines, sensors, etc is the fun part, pretty straight-forward, like an a/c removal for ex. Assuming you know about all the pieces that need to be removed, you should be all set. Regarding the m/c, you should def. stay w/ your EX m/c (converting to a DX/LX m/c on EX booster will lead to issues, vtechno ran into this, plus EX m/c is bigger, 15/16"). The DX/LX line that would go on the rear port of the m/c, you need to swap the larger EX fitting over to that. Take a look @ the 2 lines coming into your m/c, see the diff. between the front and rear fittings? ABS equipped vehicles will have 1 larger fitting, just transfer that to the proper DX/LX line, then you will be all set.
                        so the swaping would be if i went with a non abs m/c? or that is sumthing i need to do after removing the abs?

also is this something that would take a long while to do or could i do a piece by piece? day by day?
                        Members Ride sold...

Comment

There would no swapping of fittings if you went w/ a DX/LX m/c, b/c the DX/LX lines all have the same smaller 10mm fittings, ABS models have the 1 odd fitting to prevent confusion.

You could downgrade to a DX/LX m/c, but I believe you'd also have to change the booster too, vtechno ran into major issues, others have not, not 100%. I just know from a perf. standpoint, your current EX m/c and booster would be best.

I mean, it's all about prep, if you can have all your lines ready to go, reflare that 1 odd fitting, have your 40/40 prop valve ready, you could really get it all done pretty quickly I think. IMO, 2 days would be plenty of time w/ no rushing, all parts ready in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                            There would no swapping of fittings if you went w/ a DX/LX m/c, b/c the DX/LX lines all have the same smaller 10mm fittings, ABS models have the 1 odd fitting to prevent confusion.

You could downgrade to a DX/LX m/c, but I believe you'd also have to change the booster too, vtechno ran into major issues, others have not, not 100%. I just know from a perf. standpoint, your current EX m/c and booster would be best.

I mean, it's all about prep, if you can have all your lines ready to go, reflare that 1 odd fitting, have your 40/40 prop valve ready, you could really get it all done pretty quickly I think. IMO, 2 days would be plenty of time w/ no rushing, all parts ready in advance.
                            so with removing my abs i will have to "reflare" that fitting? along with having a 40/40 prop valve?

im not doin an overhaul im just wanting to remove my abs. so im just trying to understand the point of flaring the valve and add that valve.
                            Members Ride sold...

Comment

I can't believe no one has linked this yet.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=38326

This should have everything you need to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X