Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate OEM brake upgrade compilation thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    What I've read from multiple sources is that the FatFourCustoms brackets offset the RL Advics caliper just enough so that a 12.8", 30mm-thick 350Z Track (the one with the Brembos) rotor can be used, where as the Fastbrakes brackets can only use the non-Brembo 350Z and Nissan Maxima 12.6" rotors that are 28mm-thick. Seeing as the factory RL rotor is 28mm-thick, I'd likely stick with a setup that allowed the caliper to operate within its usual range. People use them, though.
    I would guess the price and options are also better with the 28mm rotors as well. Any one know about the brake lines and how that works for connecting the caliper?

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

It's a regular banjo bolt fitting. You can even use your stock brake line.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        It's a regular banjo bolt fitting. You can even use your stock brake line.
        Thanks for info, the pictures I was looking at of the calipers weren't the best and I wasn't able to tell 100% how the brake line connected, good to know the stock lines work with the banjo bolt setup.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

I've been running a set of NSX calipers on 3 different cars since 2008 but lately I've been thinking about doing the RL upgrade the only question is wouldn't it change the bias since obviously the RLs are a much larger setup?

They're definitely designed for a much larger vehicle in mind but I always wonder if it actually functions better with a car that's smaller in size.

I think it would make more sense to upgrade the rears as well considering the rear brakes wear out faster than the fronts.

And has anyone here ever seen a car sporting both front and rear NSX calipers?

The only real one I've ever seen was a 4th gen Prelude that had all four corners equipped with them not much detail on how it was done or what he had to do as far as prop valve upgrades as well it was featured in an HT article a couple years back but I don't remember what rear rotors they went with on the car.
          Henry R
          Koni/Neuspeed
          1992 Accord LX R.I.P
          1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
          Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
          made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Johnny (g7kobayashi) has both front and rears installed on both of his cars.

I believe they caused some clearance issues with his FFC rear lower control arms, though.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Any ideas on how you can rehost the pictures of his rear setup? I looked thru his MR the links are broken.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Anyone have any input for the rear like what rotor caliper I can use to upgrade the rear brakes

Comment

stock caliper, adapter bracket, Honda element rear rotor
                  I believe this setup will work for us. You may to google around a bit.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by pupildel View Post
                    Anyone have any input for the rear like what rotor caliper I can use to upgrade the rear brakes
                    Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                    stock caliper, adapter bracket, Honda element rear rotor
                    I believe this setup will work for us. You may to google around a bit.
                    Look at Fastbrakes. They make an adapter kit.

You still utilize the OEM caliper. There no real need for a larger one, unless you want to spend at least $1k on a custom Wilwood setup. Fastbrakes has their whole kit online....it utilizes and adapter bracket, and I believe an '03 Honda Pilot rotor. It's about $300 or so. Or you can get the bracket for $150, and buy your own rotors.

Comment

Pilot! That's what it is. whoops.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Well...I'd definitely say I had some ideas. Yet since this is the move here, I'll make this move. Thanks dude, this is good information yo

Comment

Working...
                        X