What to do with BBK setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with BBK setup?

Hey guys, I'm going for RL calipers in the front and stock calipers for NOW. M I've ABS and I want to remove it. The questions is -

I'm buying adjustable prop valve to evenly split the brake bias between the two. Do I need two valves, or do I hook up the front straight from master cylinder and add prop valve only for the rear, or do I need two prop valves to evenly distribute the force between the two? Thanks.

You only need one prop valve. The front L/R and the Rear L/R connect to the prop valve and then the Fronts connect from the prop valve to the master and the rears connect from the prop valve.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Yeah, Grumpy is correct. You’d only need one proportioning valve.
      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
        You only need one prop valve. The front L/R and the Rear L/R connect to the prop valve and then the Fronts connect from the prop valve to the master and the rears connect from the prop valve.
        If you're getting an adjustable proportioning valve, you don't want to run it diagonal like stock, that would make VERY weird things happen. Adjustable valves are for front/rear adjustment. If he wants to just delete ABS and keep the same style setup as stock, he'll need a Honda 40/40 proportion valve from a DA integra.
        Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 02-11-2022, 09:09 PM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Here you go: https://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb5/forum/...sp-abs-removal

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

I get your point, I just wanted to make sure those big RL calipers will lock at the same time as the rear stock CB calipers.

Comment

Doing the calculations, using the RL calipers with 12.8” rotors, stock 10.2” rear rotors and a 1” MC the bias changes to 78% from a stock setup that calculates to around 67%. Take all of that with a grain of salt as these come from an online calculator and don’t consider the effect of a proportioning valve.

Comment

So, with that being said above - do I need to adjust the bias via adjustable proportioning valve, or can I use a DA one and be completely safe about it?

Comment

There’s are tons of CBs and Hondas in general are running the RL setup without incident. I think you’re ok running the 40/40 proportioning valve and the RL front calipers.

Comment

Thank you ❤

Comment

I also run the 40/40 prop, a set of custom RL calipers (shoutout to Daniel aka WERDWERX for those beauties) and the fastbrakes rear BBK adapter which moves your stock rear brake caliper further back to accommodate larger rear brake rotors from an Acura MDX. Also using a stock 7/8” brake master cylinder and brake booster in my 92 LX Coupe without issue. Never had ABS on it, but if I did I’d get rid of it asap.

I’ve always wanted to upgrade to the 1” master cylinder and use whatever brake booster that pairs with that but never seemed to find what I need or figure that out lol. Either way I enjoy my setup and haven’t had issues but it is a bit of a soft squishier pedal feel after the RL’s got installed….
                      Last edited by djALBINI; 01-15-2023, 09:26 PM.

Comment

I'm dying to do the RL setup, just need a bunch of $$$ to complete it. And I think I should hurry as those calipers are becoming rare...

Comment

I’ve got an extra set a scored from the yard and there are two other rl’s that just came in recently that have those calipers . They charge 80 for the set at our Milwaukee LkQ

Comment

Let me PM you.

Comment

would you have pictures of the system you installed? I'm new to cb7, I'm wanting to improve my brake. I use the original 252mm disk, I will change this week to 282mm to give it a slight improvement. however, in my view, the ideal would be a cb9 disc, which is 300mm. But I have to change the whole brake system

Comment

Working...
                              X