All season tire choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All season tire choice

Hey guys, I am just looking for a little more input on tire choice for all season tires.

I am looking at getting either of these put on stock ex wheels

(195 60 r15) Bridgestone Potenza pole position R960 all season

(205 50 r15) BF Goodrich g-force super sport all season

I will be using these tires for probably about two years, and will then be getting a set of full sport summer tires.

I am not sure if the extra tire is worth the price upgrade on the BF Goodrich, and I know I can get the Bridgestones in store without waiting.

Anyone with any experience or educated opinions let me know what you think.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just so you know I expect the tires to be driven hard while installed, this includes high speed cornering, breaking and some wet stuff too.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

I have had both tires in 195x60r15, currently have the BFG's. For your driving style I'd recommend the re960's over the supersports. They ride more firm (better sidewall) and have GREAT wet and dry traction. The supersports are good tires but in my experience the re960's are slightly better.

I recommend against stepping up in tire width on the stock rims, you will get alot more sidewall flex with a wider tire on a narrow rim than a narrow tire on a narrow rim. Overall traction may increase, but the response will be numbed and you'll hate it in the twisties.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Awesome, that's the direction I was leaning.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Working...
      X