Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of 5 lug swap, will BMW or Benz wheels fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of 5 lug swap, will BMW or Benz wheels fit?

As the title says, I'm thinking of doing a 5 lug swap in august/September. With the 5 lug swap I wanna go with a EURO look with my CB, so what I want to know is if I do I 5 lug swap will BMW or Mercedes Benz wheels fit my 5 lug swap? I know there's a difference between 5 lugs like 5x100 or 5x114
    Does anyone know if those wheels will work?
    Also what do you guys think about going with a EURO look? I think it would be cool/different/unique.... I'll post some pics of the wheels I like later, I'm at work right now, also I plan to paint my car black to give it that EURO/VIP look,
    Ok thanks for your comments

-SNOOZE

No

You would have to redrill the bolt 5x114.3 pattern
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Why couldn't you have just Googled the answer for yourself? Most Mercedes wheels are 5X112mm and most BMW wheels are 5X120mm. So no, most of the standard ones won't work without serious modification.

The Euro look has been done before. And before you ask, no, I won't retrieve pictures for you as well.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

You could use bb6 prelude or 98+ v6 accord parts. Odyssey parts, TSX parts....any Honda that's 5-lug, is going to be 5x114.3.

**Up until 2010 or 2011. The newer cars are 5x120, I believe.
        Last edited by MikeW; 05-16-2012, 11:55 AM.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Ok so to make it work I need newer 2011 and up 5 lug Parts, imma call some shop in Downey CA that imports 5 lug parts to see if they have any 5x120 swap parts,

@Jarret I know the euro look has been done before but I've never seen a CB7 with actual BMW or BENZ wheels. They make some pretty nice wheels from the factory

Comment

BMW wheels are 5x120 in order for you to fit those wheels not only will you have to convert to 5 lug (5x114.3) but you with also have to get and adapter/Spacer that bolts on to your 5x114.3 and converts it to 5x120.. btw what shop in downey are you talking about?

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
              BMW wheels are 5x120 in order for you to fit those wheels not only will you have to convert to 5 lug (5x114.3) but you with also have to get and adapter/Spacer that bolts on to your 5x114.3 and converts it to 5x120.. btw what shop in downey are you talking about?
              The shop I'm talking about is:

JEM MotorSports
              11412 Old River School Road
              Downey, CA* 90241
              (562)927-2113* <* Shop number only.

Damn so I would have to get spacers/adaptors, do they even make those 5x120?

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
                The shop I'm talking about is:

JEM MotorSports
                11412 Old River School Road
                Downey, CA* 90241
                (562)927-2113* <* Shop number only.

Damn so I would have to get spacers/adaptors, do they even make those 5x120?
                i never heard of that shop i thought you were talking about PRO SPEED MOTORSPORTS on firestone blvd in downey they are reputable and the owner is always there and willing to help i met him personally and boughten parts from him. but yes they do make those adapters i seen someone on ZILVIA.net having some because he had BMW 745i wheels on his lexus and was selling the wheels along with the space/adapters i dont know where he got them but im sure they werent custom.

"2SIIC"

Comment

Here's a google search I performed....

Google Results

That'll be anything that's about 5x114.3 to 5x120 adapters... Just be careful. Make sure if you get some to get a REPUTABLE brand and not some cheap... I don't really like adapters but I've seen people run them without a problem.. I've seen some people really mess up with some cheapos... Just be careful.
                  92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                  2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                  2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

yea listen to dysfunk since you will be daily driving your CB you should get a good quality adapter not the ebay kind that way you can have that peace of mind

"2SIIC"

Comment

Most of the guys I saw running adapters were the dually crew cab guys.. Buddy of mine had a slammed Chevy 3500 crewcab dually riding on 24" Semi wheels. one of his adapters broke on the front and that was the end of his adapter days. His were quality built, but the weight of the truck just didn't agree.
                      92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                      2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                      2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

JEM motorsports is a very great place! I talked with the owners there when i lived down in Downey. Ask for Mark, I am sure he will help you as much as he can! He is a really chill guy.

I really wanna see some BMW/Merz wheels on a CB!

Rip It Up
                        Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

dam, i cant believe this thread, glad i found it cause i was wondering the same n had the same thought. not seen a cb with euro wheels. so there is no way to do a 5 lug swap without having to go 114 with adapters? i wonder what the 2011 oddesey hubs are like?

best option for our cars seems like it would be a 5 lug swap and get quality adapters, im sure our cars dont weigh as much as a truck with dulie wheels.

my next question would be, could one still do the break dual piston upgrade and go 5 lug swap?
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride
                          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

i know this is an old thread but adapters are easy to find as long as you have $$$.
                            cb7 to 5x120 (hub and wheel centric) are around 400-500$ shipped
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                            X