X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick tire question

what are yall running and which fits better on our cars with stick height

205 45 17 or 215 45 17

as i just got a set of 17s and they need tires so now gotta pick out tires for them and im not sure on what size to get and after looking i couldnt dig up any threads on this

these are the rims

The only difference is the sidewall to sidewall distance so I guess it depends on the width of the wheel idk I'm no tire expert. Whats the dimensions on the wheel like width and offset. That will probably help get you an answer
    Last edited by Quashish; 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

215/45/17 is gonna be the best size.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
        The only difference is the sidewall to sidewall distance so I guess it depends on the width of the wheel idk I'm no tire expert. Whats the dimensions on the wheel like width and offset. That will probably help get you an answer
        not trying to be a smart alec here but the side wall on the 205 would be smaller then the 215. sidewall "size" is actually a percentage of the tire width. i hope that helps and does not come off as rude or anything.

I would recommend the 215/45 17 that is what i personally run and i have a pretty good drop. if you go this size id recommend kumho ecsta ast only 83 dollars a piece too

Comment

If you are looking for what the tires will look like use this site:
          http://tyrestretch.com

It will have pics of tons and tons of tire/wheel size combinations.

Comment

Working...
          X