wheel spacers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel spacers

Not sure if this is the exact location for this thread, but here goes. Ive always hated how my wheels seem so far inward on my cb. So I began looking for wheel spacers. I didn't want to put in extended studs or anything. So I found these: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=36499894394 just wondering if anyone has used them and if they seem safe or not. The concept seems simple enough but I don't want a wheel to fall of doing 80 down the highway haha. Anyway thanks guys!

A quality spacer kit will come with longer studs. I got a H&R 5mm spacer kit and it came with extended lugs. Not the crazy long ones, but atleast the 5mm longer to compensate for the spacer, so that your lug nut still gets a full bite.
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by GunRunner View Post
      A quality spacer kit will come with longer studs. I got a H&R 5mm spacer kit and it came with extended lugs. Not the crazy long ones, but atleast the 5mm longer to compensate for the spacer, so that your lug nut still gets a full bite.
      Its not the fact of obtaining the extended studs, its the hassle of putting them in. Thats why I like the kit I linked because it has extended studs built in and goes over the current ones.

Comment

I also have H&R spacers with extended studs for my epsilons. 15mm spacers with the appropriate 15mm extended lug studs. Top quality stuff. I wouldn't trust any smaller brands.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I wouldnt trust cheap spacers. I had them on for half a year. They started to crack on their own and when driving on the highway, the car shaked a bit more than usual. After that, I went back to stock til I got quality spacers with extened studs. Its not too hard to replace studs, just a bit time consuming. It definitly felt smoother and safer!

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
          My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
          Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Originally posted by hondakid1996 View Post
            Its not the fact of obtaining the extended studs, its the hassle of putting them in. Thats why I like the kit I linked because it has extended studs built in and goes over the current ones.
            Be safe and replace the studs, and buy quality parts.
            -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
            -1993 Accord EX SOLD
            -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
            -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
              I also have H&R spacers with extended studs for my epsilons. 15mm spacers with the appropriate 15mm extended lug studs. Top quality stuff. I wouldn't trust any smaller brands.
              Did they come 4 in a box? or 2? and how are the 15mm? would you have went bigger like 20mm or 25mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryans 90accord View Post
                Did they come 4 in a box? or 2? and how are the 15mm? would you have went bigger like 20mm or 25mm?
                2 per box with 8 extended studs. Not sure what you mean by how they are but they perform quite well. Hub-centric design for accord specific hubs and super light-weight, machine balanced, aircraft grade 4640 aluminum. Never had any odd vibrations or road wandering/pulling with them installed. H&R know what they're doing and have crafted some high quality spacers.

I needed 11mm of clearance so i went with 15mm since it was the closest size available. I didn't need anything larger since the offset of the wheels im using with them is -20. Any bigger and even pulling the fenders wouldn't tuck tire.

After you go beyond 20mm the design changes to the ichiba style spacer that the OP is interested in, which i don't trust. I want my wheel studs to be a part of the hub. Personally, i wouldn't go much bigger than 15mm. I would have liked to stick with 10mm but the caliper brackets wouldn't allow it.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by Function>Form View Post
                  2 per box with 8 extended studs. Not sure what you mean by how they are but they perform quite well. Hub-centric design for accord specific hubs and super light-weight, machine balanced, aircraft grade 4640 aluminum. Never had any odd vibrations or road wandering/pulling with them installed. H&R know what they're doing and have crafted some high quality spacers.

I needed 11mm of clearance so i went with 15mm since it was the closest size available. I didn't need anything larger since the offset of the wheels im using with them is -20. Any bigger and even pulling the fenders wouldn't tuck tire.

After you go beyond 20mm the design changes to the ichiba style spacer that the OP is interested in, which i don't trust. I want my wheel studs to be a part of the hub. Personally, i wouldn't go much bigger than 15mm. I would have liked to stick with 10mm but the caliper brackets wouldn't allow it.

Thanks for the tip, sometimes my rims rub the inside of the wheel well, when going around turns with a bump or dip in the road, banged out the inside a little bit, made it a little better. will try the spacers, maybe 10mm

Comment

Working...
                  X