thoughts on xxr 532

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I'm not a fan of slammed, but I do understand it to a point. Especially in competition. IMO, when the suspension loses all effectiveness, then it's too far. I actually raised my car recently!
    But yeah, low is one thing, but dangerous is another.
    im with deevergote..pretty dangerous sometimes to slam it....you can't get anywhere sometimes cause of uneven pavement,
    VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
    1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
    MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

The XXRs are nice rims. They look good too. When done properly. Like Mercboys car. His looks food. No crazy -400 degrees of camber. The rims look good when pull off properly. But when you get some idiot who gets them and throws them on and then adds a buttload of negative camber. THATS when I find it a problem.

XXRs are for those who afford to buy a set of $1500+ wheels. I know I can't. Nor would I. Its stupid. All for them to get stiletto or demolished on the roads. I spend that much money on some rims the car is gonna sit in the garage because it won't be driven anymore because the girlfriend would have killed me.

Comment

according to xxr's website they have been around since 1976
        back at it again

Comment

"Since 1976, our factory facilities have specialized in the design and manufacture or aluminum alloy wheels for original equipment and after-market automotive applications."

Gotta love the typo on their own site!
          The facilities date to 1976. The facilities could've been owned by another company, and purchased by XXR a few years ago. Their clever wording could make that half-truth passable.

Comment

it could be sportmax that was around. they merged with xxr.

Comment

"Since 1976, our factory facilities have specialized in the design and manufacture or aluminum alloy wheels for original equipment and after-market automotive applications."

Gotta love the typo on their own site!
              The facilities date to 1976. The facilities could've been owned by another company, and purchased by XXR a few years ago. Their clever wording could make that half-truth passable.
              That's a widely used business tactic of shady companies. It gets over-looked because a lot of people don't pay attention to detail. Basically leading people to believe one thing without ever stating/doing said thing.

As for the wheels I'm not a fan. Design is ok, but I'd rather have some wheels from a more reputable company, something reliable. That's just me.

Click picture to see my mrt
              Instagram: sikz6

Comment

I feel the same way. I actually like the design, but I'd prefer not to have wheels from such a questionable company... or a company that is so closely associated with current trends that I despise. I think I'd rather pay more for a "better" brand with the same design.

Comment

As far as xxr being reliable, they're trusted by the AE and drift communities. You can't blame the wheel company because someone wants the stretch their tires and that is where the real danger comes into play. Even when I had my old 86 with xxr 002s I smacked countless curves sliding it around, never ever ran stretched tires but over inflated 195/60s were a must.

But back on topic. Might be picking up a set of those 532s in 16x8 +20 in two weeks.. I hope
                  My 91 ex coupe
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb//showthread.php?t=189841

Comment

see this is what im talkin about. horrible fitment

Comment

They'd look cool on a car that they fit on properly...

Comment

They'd look cool on a car that they fit on properly...
                        yea i know. it looks horrible nonetheless

Comment

Originally posted by oneoffaccord View Post

see this is what im talkin about. horrible fitment
                          so what exactly do you mean fit properly?
                          the camber or the fact that they poke.
                          my enkei 92s poke about an inch or two.
                          no fancy cambers angles though.
                          i would post or have a sig but i still dont understand that..
                          not computer savy at all...haha
                          A 93 ACCORD??? PEOPLE STILL DRIVE THOSE????

Comment

they poke out? tires are straight as hell. looks horrible. XXR are horrible wheels

Comment

I dont think xxr are really that horrible, people are just doing it wrong. I for one an one of them (doing it wrong). I am looking into a way to keep my current set up without all the negative camber... Not going to spill it here cause I wanna keep it kinda on the DL. I also dont like the wheels/tires sticking out past the fender, looks like total ass! Lets just say I'm looking into something that Ronald_Type-R did, and thats all I'm gonna say........ I think XXR rims are ok, if your like my car....SLOW!!

That my .02
                              Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
                              CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
                              Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
                                I dont think xxr are really that horrible, people are just doing it wrong. I for one an one of them (doing it wrong). I am looking into a way to keep my current set up without all the negative camber... Not going to spill it here cause I wanna keep it kinda on the DL. I also dont like the wheels/tires sticking out past the fender, looks like total ass! Lets just say I'm looking into something that Ronald_Type-R did, and thats all I'm gonna say........ I think XXR rims are ok, if your like my car....SLOW!!

That my .02
                                I think you are right 100%. Your sig pic is a great example on fitment, i dig it

Comment

Working...
                                X