This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulge in Tire?

I bought these rims today and they came with some crappy winter tires. I found this bulge in the tire wall of the rear driver side. Is this something I should be worried about? I'm planning on replacing that tire with a new one, but it wont be for 2 week unless its a seriously critical issue, in which case I'll do it tomorrow.

Any thoughts as to how/what this is?

that tire WILL blow. it happens when you hit a curb or something really hard. air gets inbetween the layers of rubber. ive driven A LOT on one before it blew then again, ive only gotten down the street before it blew. id replace it asap.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
      that tire WILL blow. it happens when you hit a curb or something really hard. air gets inbetween the layers of rubber. ive driven A LOT on one before it blew then again, ive only gotten down the street before it blew. id replace it asap.
      Ok, I'll see what kind of price my dealer's got on tires. I picked up a new one for $129 taxes and install, so I might just go with that from Canadian Tire.

Going to do this first thing in the AM!

Thanks!

Comment

Just be glad it doesn't look like this

Comment

^^^ DAMNN LOL thats crazy

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

Holy crap! No kidding haha. My gf is already worried enough as it is about the small one we have. I think ultimately Ill have to replace that tire today and put it on the front. I was just hoping to save a bit of money

Better safe than sorry though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

WTF? that's not a bulge, that's a hernia!

Comment

I've had one of these before.

& WTF!! Seeing one that bad, is a first for me. wow

Comment

Well you've all convinced me to get it replaced . first off I love my Honda dealer, they fixed the other rim's corroded valve for free. Unfortunately they don't have the tires in stock so I'm just waiting at Canadian Tire for them to install the new one. I'm going to feel a lot better having two brand new winter tires on, especially with a little baby on the way

Comment

Good job on getting it replaced. I had one too about the same size. I drove on it probably a little longer that I should've but it luckily didn't blow before I replaced it. Although, like others said, it will eventually.

The Facebook group

Comment

Working...
                    X