wheel size dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel size dilemma

Quick question...I am looking into buying wheels for my project 91 cb7. Thing is I am torn between two sizes 15 or 16...

I am only considering 15s because there is a variation in the design...while 16 seems to have the same styles (BBS or rota etc)..8jj is the width... 9 being the highest 7 being the lowest I will go (want a nice stretch with considerable tire to pavement ratio)

Shopping on the Bay, because the prices are reasonable...if you guys know other sites I would interested in taking a look...but again I'm not trying to set myself too far back for a visual mod.
    F22B1 Swap. #StanceNation

91' Accord Project

Paint is custom faded. (Love the Frankenstein look!)

What's the issue?
    16s aren't much heavier, tires are cheap for both, the only other things are offest, width and the design that you like most

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I plan on going 16 on mine . If for some reason I need to buy a used tire,16 tires are a lot Easier to find at a used time place. They seem to have very little stock in size 15 . New tires are better but you never know when you will get a bad tire and it happens on a week that most of your bills are do on. Lol.

1991 Accord LX .

Comment

Issue is i was looking for more sources, but i made my decision today...Rota Grid Reps. 16x8 +25 with a 1 in. spacer that doubles as a 4x4.5 to 4x100 adapter 500 bucks you can not beat that lol...

Might be doing a bit of grinding on my studs because they are really long. Do not want them interfering with the seat of the spacer. Also a fend roll and pull..195/45-50/16 is the two tires i will decide between once the wheels are in. #Stanc3Nation

Might as well lift her a bit as well...because right now, she scrapes out the driveway on the oem wheels...which im going to save for a rainy day

91' Accord Project

Comment

nice
          For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

They look good but you're going to be right at 0 offset. Are you running a few degrees of negative camber?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

youre going to have a rough time fitting those without some major work!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                They look good but you're going to be right at 0 offset. Are you running a few degrees of negative camber?
                This is a +25 offset...I was looking for zero...but could not find any that I liked that I do not see everyone with...btw my friends cb7 has the same offset xxr 531s without spacers...so I should be fine...if not I will come to you and ask what I should do thx for the feedback

91' Accord Project

Comment

Originally posted by Theos92VR4 View Post
                  youre going to have a rough time fitting those without some major work!
                  Why do you say that?

91' Accord Project

Comment

You guys are scaring me...getting buyers remorse over here ...the OEM wheels are 15x6...I'm going to 16x8 +25 with a 1inch spacer/4x4.5 to 4x100...what could go wrong?...i also have some coilovers to prevent rubbing and a camber kit...I will cut my studs if they interfere with my spacers to be safe and get the correct hub adapter...it all sounded good in my head
                    Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 02-23-2015, 01:17 AM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

1" = 25.4 mm

Coilovers don't prevent rubbing, you could have the best spring/damper selection in the world and still rub.

Your spacer will add another et. -25.4mm to your wheels so your final offset will be -0.4.

Can you fit 16x9 et0?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Why the spacers? You should have got the wheels in the correct bolt pattern. Those wheels will be sticking out like crazy or you will be running all kinds of negative camber in order for them to tuck.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          1" = 25.4 mm

Coilovers don't prevent rubbing, you could have the best spring/damper selection in the world and still rub.

Your spacer will add another et. -25.4mm to your wheels so your final offset will be -0.4.

Can you fit 16x9 et0?
                          ohh ok...and idk never tried...there is also a 1.25'' available...so once the wheels arrive i will test fit and take my measurements...
                          Last edited by DGOfTheCentury; 02-25-2015, 12:30 AM.

91' Accord Project

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                            Why the spacers? You should have got the wheels in the correct bolt pattern. Those wheels will be sticking out like crazy or you will be running all kinds of negative camber in order for them to tuck.
                            The stick out is the plan...never really liked a camber tuck...the spacers are serving a double purpose, because i could not find these in a 4x114.3 bolt pattern, but i found the spacers almost instantly.

Going for a stance "Mexi-Flush" look. Not too much camber, and she does not have to sit too low. The oil pans on these sits too close to the ground for that much drop. Also the front end is not ideal for a daily scraper. Do not want to be like Tracie, constantly replacing oil pans lol. Plus my driveway is not friendly to her at the current height.

The bolt pattern is also for resale, majority of 4 luggers are 4x100, so when i get my next wheels, these should sale like hot cakes, especially here in Florida...

91' Accord Project

Comment

I am sorry but you should sell those and get the proper bolt pattern in my opinion. The maxiflush your looking for will not work. The spacer is sacrificing the offset of the wheels.

MRThttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=84102 93se h22/t2t4

Comment

Working...
                              X