Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumitomo HTR A/S P02

Has anyone used these?
    I just ordered a set for my Cadillac. They were incredibly cheap ($101 each for 245/45/18). A great price for UHP all seasons! Reviews seem good, and I've never heard anything bad about the brand.
    In popular CB7 sizes (15" and 16"), they're like $55-$65 per tire!

I'll update once I've gotten them installed and put a few miles on them.

Is this a test?

Comment

Test?

Comment

I have a set of these on my 2003 civic hybrid in 185/790/14. They are pretty great tires. Japanese brand. Ive had them for almost 3 years. I also have a set of sumitomo in 265/40/22 for my pilot. In the future, when i need 17/18" tires for the cb you can bet they will be sumitomo.
        Such an affordable/ reliable tire. You wont be disappointed.
        Last edited by PhatAccord; 09-26-2016, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Test?
          Says the guy who tells folks to not cheap out on suspension components etc. My opinion is to not cheap out on tires, never.

Comment

Yes, but Sumitomo is a quality brand.
            Sumitomo shares the production of Dunlop tires with Goodyear (my old Fit came with Sumitomo-produced Dunlops.) Until 2014, Sumitomo also produced Goodyear tires for the Japanese market.

Comment

True. It's not the brand that i have an issue with it's the "They were incredibly cheap". My experience tells me that anything for brakes, suspension, tires that is incredibly cheap is not a good buy and could possibly be a safety issue.

Comment

There's a difference, though. I'm not buying a low-quality, no-name product. It's just an affordable option from a well-known quality manufacturer. If I was asking about Ling-Long tires or something, then yeah... bad idea. But Sumitomo is good stuff.

Comment

It funny that you mention these specific tires. I was looking at these Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's for my Talon about 6 months ago. I compared these along with a few others. I ended up going with a set that was quite a bit more expensive however I recall my research turning up these Sumitomo's being surprisingly good tires for the price. Emphasis on "for the price." Or that's a key note I gathered from what I read anyhow.

I remember reviews stating that they were pretty quiet. These specific tires are apparently very comparable to the Ecsta 4X II. (Yes I had to do a quick search for this as I couldn't remember off the top of my head.) A friend back in MO works at Big O Tires and he said these specific Sumitomo's sell like crazy.

My Talon has the factory wheels and takes a 215/50R17 tire. It's an awd turbo car and I wanted to get a nice set of rubber for safety and performance. I ended up getting a set of Hankook Ventus S1 Nobel2's. Sumitomo HTR A/S P02's were $56 each and the Hankook Ventus S1 Nobel2's were $93 a tire. Quite the difference. Also, Tire Rack, which is where I bought my tires from, pushes the Sumitomo's pretty hard. "Consumer recommended, best seller, tire rack tested" etc.

I'd say go for it for the Cadillac. Sounds like just what your after IMO.

Comment

That's pretty much how I saw it. I don't track the car, and I rarely push it hard (when I do, it's usually in a straight line, from a roll or soft launch.) Decent performance, low cost, and a quiet and comfortable ride in all seasons was the goal.
                    I'll have them tomorrow.

I've been very satisfied with General tires in the past (owned by continental). I'm hoping sumitomo proves to be another satisfactory affordable option.

When I get tires for the Miata next year, I'll likely get serious performance meats.

Comment

Sumitomo, Dunlop and Goodyear are affiliates. That doesn't mean a whole lot as it's on a corporate level but it's something I was surprised of when I found out.

Comment

Japanese Dunlops are manufactured by Sumitomo. That includes any that come on Japanese-made vehicles. My 09 Fit had sumitomo-made Dunlops on it when I bought it.

Comment

Ah, and I see where you mentioned this already. My mistake overlooking it.

For the most part I think you get what you pay for with just about everything. That being said I think there are options that allow one to maximize the return of their dollar. As long as the buyer has the appropriate expectations then I don't see anything that could pose an issue in this instance. But that's just my take.

Comment

I run these on the Accord. They're incredible All-Season tires, and I had no trouble in snow, ice, or rain. I even ran them on the track a couple times, and they didn't do too bad.

Comment

I've broken traction a couple times, and it felt squirrly in the rain, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that they're still wearing in.

Comment

Working...
                              X