X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size9zombie
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post

Update: I've put about 40K (OK, more than a few miles) on these (approaching 393,000 on the car); getting close to the wear bars. My suspension must still be in reasonable shape because they have worn very evenly. They've gotten kinda dicey in wet weather; I think it is past time to replace them; I've been hesitating because of the rust on Ruby. May go for a set of the Sumitomo HTR A/S P03

Still happy with yours Deev?
    Fleetw00d I have ran the P02 and P03 versions of this tire and like both of they quite a bit. I have had the 195/60/15 and 205/45/17 versions of both between my wifes CD and my CD and got about 40,000 out of both set like you have. They handle nice, they are quiet, and do wear well. There isn't a discernible difference between the 2 that I could tell and I enjoyed them very much. My gold coupe is still running P03s.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetw00d View Post
    I just put a set of these on Ruby. I'll update when I have a few miles on them, but already are better than the tires I took off (now I forget what they were, but had 40+k on them).
    Update: I've put about 40K (OK, more than a few miles) on these (approaching 393,000 on the car); getting close to the wear bars. My suspension must still be in reasonable shape because they have worn very evenly. They've gotten kinda dicey in wet weather; I think it is past time to replace them; I've been hesitating because of the rust on Ruby. May go for a set of the Sumitomo HTR A/S P03

Still happy with yours Deev?

Leave a comment:

• kseriescivic
    replied
    I wouldn't put that tire on my car just because of the name...

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    It's a legit brand! Full name is Ling Long Shandong. They're total crap.

Leave a comment:

• kseriescivic
    replied
    Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    There's a difference, though. I'm not buying a low-quality, no-name product. It's just an affordable option from a well-known quality manufacturer. If I was asking about LING-LONG tires or something, then yeah... bad idea. But Sumitomo is good stuff.
    That made me lol...

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Now that mine are pretty well broken-in, and they've gotten me through this incredibly mild winter, I can certainly say that I like them. The squirm has disappeared, as I had hoped (just brand new tire squirm was all...) They're certainly not true performance tires, but I feel confident on the road. The road noise and harshness is still significantly better than the Firestone Firehawks that were on there previously!

I would absolutely recommend these to anyone that wants a decent set of all season performance tires on a budget.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetw00d
    replied
    I just put a set of these on Ruby. I'll update when I have a few miles on them, but already are better than the tires I took off (now I forget what they were, but had 40+k on them).

Leave a comment:

• owequitit
    replied
    That's pretty much how I saw it. I don't track the car, and I rarely push it hard (when I do, it's usually in a straight line, from a roll or soft launch.) Decent performance, low cost, and a quiet and comfortable ride in all seasons was the goal.
    I'll have them tomorrow.

I've been very satisfied with General tires in the past (owned by continental). I'm hoping sumitomo proves to be another satisfactory affordable option.

When I get tires for the Miata next year, I'll likely get serious performance meats.
    "In a straight line."

That translates to "better for burnouts."

Leave a comment:

• willbill642
    replied
    Yeah, 400hp does indeed make quite a difference!
    Right now, they probably only have a few hundred miles on them. I haven't done a lot of driving on them, since the Miata has been getting a bit of use in the last few days of warm weather!
    I think once they wear down a bit, grip should increase. The comfort and noise level is GREATLY improved over the similarly-sized Firestone Firehawk tires that were on the car when I bought it.
    I don't think there's a single All-Season tire that wouldn't break traction at some point with that kind of power.

Leave a comment:

• Joey GT-R
    replied
    Since this keeps coming up, how do you know a Sumitomo produced Dunlop? Is it a certain model line or something?

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    Yeah, 400hp does indeed make quite a difference!
    Right now, they probably only have a few hundred miles on them. I haven't done a lot of driving on them, since the Miata has been getting a bit of use in the last few days of warm weather!
    I think once they wear down a bit, grip should increase. The comfort and noise level is GREATLY improved over the similarly-sized Firestone Firehawk tires that were on the car when I bought it.

Leave a comment:

• Jarrett
    replied
    Deev also has them doing rear-drive duty under an LS2 powerplant. So, there's that for traction differences.

Leave a comment:

• willbill642
    replied
    I've broken traction a couple times, and it felt squirrly in the rain, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that they're still wearing in.
    How many miles do you have on them? They never were squirrly for me, but I also put a track day on them after 50 miles.

Leave a comment:

• deevergote
    replied
    I've broken traction a couple times, and it felt squirrly in the rain, but I'm hoping that's just due to the fact that they're still wearing in.

Leave a comment:

• willbill642
    replied
    I run these on the Accord. They're incredible All-Season tires, and I had no trouble in snow, ice, or rain. I even ran them on the track a couple times, and they didn't do too bad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X