No announcement yet.

Would this be adviseable? Rim width question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you just answered the question yourself. Tires can only be put back on the same spec wheel or else the wear will be different.
    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
    2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
    3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
    Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
    Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Comment

man fuck that. i dunno why but sum ppl r really annoyin me on this thread. fuck the tires keep them as backups. or fuck it put the tires on the new rims if the wear differently go buy more. ohio gets snow use them whenit snows n wut not.
      cant wait till im all done

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord2dr
        man fuck that. i dunno why but sum ppl r really annoyin me on this thread. fuck the tires keep them as backups. or fuck it put the tires on the new rims if the wear differently go buy more. ohio gets snow use them whenit snows n wut not.
        well thats what I'm pretty much goign to use them for until I get new rims and tires...winter use that is
        Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
        Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Advised by whom?

All the guys that MAKE tires believe they're the right size, and list them in their tire specifications.

What specs are you going by?
          Go by the sized called by the RIM Manufacturer, no one else. Running any other tires could be hazardous to your health.

You could go by the Tire manufacturer but Check that both the tire and rim Manufacturers say that the tire is safe to use.

Common sense here guys.
          JustBlaze

Comment

I put one of my left over 195-60's on a 15X6.5 circuit8, looked really good, could've went wider yet before I would've called it "stretched". Too bad I didn't realize it was a 8X100 lug pattern instead of the 100/114.3 dual pattern, why have such a thing anyway?-8x100 that is

Comment

Sounds like a tire-shop con-job, I used to work for Goodyear and they wanted us to sell unnecessary stuff all the time
              Originally posted by kmart64
              what im saying is some tire people tell me their company policy only allows old tires to be on the same spec rims...even if the rims are still 15 inch, if they do not have the same width, they cannot put it on even though the tires say that is allowed?

Comment

Working...
              X