Good place to get some tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good place to get some tires

where would be a good place to get some nice 205/50/16 tires from? ive been looking around and i want to see where would be a good place to get them at a good price.

also what brand would you suggest? anyone try these before?

1.)BFGoodrich?
    2.)Falken?
    3.)Fuzion?
    4.) and if i can get some at a good price Yokohama or Toyo?

discounttiredirect.com

I have bought 2 sets of tires from there.

Oh and, currently I have Nitto Neo-Gen tires that are 205/50/16. They are nice and sticky. Good in the rain too. No real wear report for them yet. Mine have just about 5000 miles on them and I am about to rotate, so get ready for a report, maybe.
    Gary A.K.A. Carter
    [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
      discounttiredirect.com

Oh and, currently I have Nitto Neo-Gen tires that are 205/50/16. They are nice and sticky. Good in the rain too. No real wear report for them yet. Mine have just about 5000 miles on them and I am about to rotate, so get ready for a report, maybe.

lol@maybe. thats another thing ive been looking for. some tires that are sticky(or at least good) in the rain. how much did those Nittos run you? ive been thinking about getting a set of those too. i like the tread pattern. ive been wywing them for a while. lol

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
        discounttiredirect.com

i bought a set from discounttiredirect.com also...no complaints...i have also purchased tires from tirerack.com and no complaints there either....both have decent pricing....but shop around.
        My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
          lol@maybe. thats another thing ive been looking for. some tires that are sticky(or at least good) in the rain. how much did those Nittos run you? ive been thinking about getting a set of those too. i like the tread pattern. ive been wywing them for a while. lol
          They were like $80/tire.
          Gary A.K.A. Carter
          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
            i bought a set from discounttiredirect.com also...no complaints...i have also purchased tires from tirerack.com and no complaints there either....both have decent pricing....but shop around.

yeah. im looking at some different sites. i when to wheelsnext.com to check it out they had higher prices than tirerack.com and discounttire.com. but ima try a few other sites also.

what brand would yall suggest?

Comment

i've bought several tires from ebay.. never had a problem.. good product and prices.

i normally stay away from stuff on ebay, but run flats are the same rather they come from a local tire store or from a tire store in cali selling them on ebay

Comment

if you get them from ebay, buy them from the cb7tuner store!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33

yeah. i went up there but the prices seem to be higher than the prices on tirerack.com and discounttires.com. ill continue to look up there tho. maybe ioll run across a deal

Comment

get some BFG G force sports. They're a REALLY good tire. that's what i have now. very predictable handling, they give a planted feel.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Tbrizzle,

I cheaped it and bought some 215/45/17 Nankang NS-1's on sale from discouttiredirect.com and they grip surprisingly well in the wet granted I've only put about 1000 miles on them since I bought em in Oct but they are very grippy and I am pleased esp. after having spent only $218 shipped for the set with the 3yr replacement warranty. I don't really worry about snow performance cuz that's what the Expedition is for.
                        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                        ><((((º>

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoegood1
                          Tbrizzle,

I cheaped it and bought some 215/45/17 Nankang NS-1's on sale from discouttiredirect.com and they grip surprisingly well in the wet granted I've only put about 1000 miles on them since I bought em in Oct but they are very grippy and I am pleased esp. after having spent only $218 shipped for the set with the 3yr replacement warranty. I don't really worry about snow performance cuz that's what the Expedition is for.
                          how is it you got a 3 yr replacement warranty? doens't it go by mileage? so like 30K miles maybe?

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2
                            how is it you got a 3 yr replacement warranty? doens't it go by mileage? so like 30K miles maybe?
                            From discounttiredirect.com

How am I covered?
                            In the event one or more of your tires fail due to defect, or incurs damage that cannot be repaired, Discount Tire Direct will replace it absolutely FREE, (this includes freight to you). Regardless of the number of miles you put on the tires, you will be covered for the life of the original tread down to 3/32" remaining, or 3 years from the date of purchase. We have been offering this warranty for over 30 years. This Certificate for Free Replacement is unbeatable in the tire industry!

How do I redeem the Certificate for Free Replacement?
                            There are two convenient ways you can redeem this certificate:

1) Call any sales agent at Discount Tire Direct, tell them you had a tire problem and are covered under our Certificate for Free Replacement. A replacement* tire will be sent to you free of charge. At that time, you do have the option to purchase the Certificate for Free Replacement for the replacement tire.
                            Note: Discount Tire Direct reserves the right to have damaged tires returned for inspection.** This will be at the owner's expense.
                            "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
                            "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
                            ><((((º>

Comment

yeah so its 3/32 or 3 years whichever comes first okay now i understand.

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                              X