Difference between cb and cd mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between cb and cd mounts

Anyone know how different the motor mounts are between CD an CB chassis are?

Only reason im wondering is because HASPORT has billet mounts for the h22 but only list them for the CD chassis. A friend of mine is using the same kit in a prelude. Im wondering if this may be a real option with our cb chassis.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

have you seen the cd mounts? there not anything like the cbs.

the bb and cd mounts look identical but some are angled differently.

Comment

http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121788

only problem is the driver side.

Comment

INNOVATIVE mounts makes steel mounts i may get those they are only 300. Just want the bling factor of the billets.

member ride thread
        DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
        I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
        John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
          INNOVATIVE mounts makes steel mounts i may get those they are only 300. Just want the bling factor of the billets.
          as in http://www.innovativemounts.com/? i cant find them. could you give me a link please?

Comment

click here

member ride thread
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

yea it doesnt say anything about the year of the motor nor does it show pictures. you can put h22s in a cb7 and a cd5, but the driver side motor mount is different. if it showed the year of the h22 then im assuming id need the 97-01.

Comment

it states 90-93 accord h22 which will work on the f22. year of the motor shouldnt matter if its a f22a or a h22

member ride thread
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

arent the mounts on the older and newer h22s different?

Comment

they are different on the 97 plus h22 most specifically the SH version

member ride thread
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS

Comment

exactly. do you use the same accord mounts when dropping a 97+ h22 in a cd5? and dont people on here put the 97+ h22 in their cb7s? i think i need the driver side mount for an 97+ h22 conversion correct?

Comment

It doesn't matter what year the H22 was from for a CB, you use all the CB mounts anyway.
                        For a CD, you use all the CD mounts, except for the timing/driver side. For that, you buy a 92-96 BB Prelude mount, and hacksaw off the end parts of the metal center bushing (tube) that sticks out past the rubber, so it will fit between the bracket ears on the CD. Piece of cake.

The SH may be an exception, but you're not using the prelude mounts in most cases anyway. The SH's ATTS transmission would be an issue I would steer clear of.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                        After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                        Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                        PM me and get it done right!

Comment

so then would i use that driver side mount for my cb?

Comment

Originally posted by ali954 View Post
                            so then would i use that driver side mount for my cb?
                            Nope. Our cars (CB7s) are easy. Use the original mounts that came with your car...all of them.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                            After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                            Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                            PM me and get it done right!

Comment

but im not swapping in an h22 yet. i currently have an f22b2 which is supposed to be in a cd5.

Comment

Working...
                              X