Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES!! the F22B DOHC Head will fit on the F22AX Block..PERFECTLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BSTEDCB7
    Also whats the best ecu to use the F22Bs or the F22aX? let me know. hit me up on AIM.
    Originally posted by FushigiRES
    If I run across one I'll let you know, as far as the ECU, I'm just going to run the one that was on my F22AX.
    i recommend running the jdm p39(no knock sensor) or the usdm p14. i remember when i ran the f22ax ecu and the car felt sluggish at mid-upper range. when hmotors finally sent me the right ecu, it felt so much better. but then again, FushigiRES will probably come up with a reprogrammed ecu tuned for his motor
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

but if you used the F22aX intake manifold wouldn't it be just fine to run the F22aX ECU? cause the intake mani from the F22B may use the p39 but the F22aX mani won't
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Sounds correct to me!

Comment

but if you used the F22aX intake manifold wouldn't it be just fine to run the F22aX ECU? cause the intake mani from the F22B may use the p39 but the F22aX mani won't
          what the heck?

if you run the f22ax intake manifold on the f22b with the F22ax ecu, i will slap you over your head.

Sounds correct to me!
          USing the aX manifold alone would be downgrading. let alone using the f22ax ecu. IT will pull so much harder if use the p14 or p39 WITH the F22B intake manifold.

the only thing i can come up with on this, is because of the IAB but who cares?

The ecu has nothing to do with what intake mani you run, unless you have IABs on your intake mani and you want to keep that feature. i personally dont have my IABS hooked, i just have them stuck open.

if you use the f22ax ecu on the f22b it wont let you rev has high as it should, it will top out at like around 6krpms...
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

The F22AX ECU will let you rev higher than 6,000 rpm. Who ever said he was going to use a sinlgle runner IM? The Dual Runner IM came on some F22AX's too. And BSTDCB7, if you are planning to run the Dual Runner IM, use the IAB system. Keeping both runners open all the time kills the low end so in that case you would be better off with the F22AX single runner IM.
            Last edited by NoSloCB7; 12-07-2004, 03:38 PM.

Comment

well I have an F22a1 but if it owuld be better to run the A6 manifold I can get one with the ecu and all.

Comment

The F22B/H23 manifold is better than the A6 manifold... it has larger diameter runners, slightly different length runners and the upper plenum is just larger...

the A1 single runner manifold can be ported out and be more effective than the A6 manifold...

but left stock, the A1/A4 mani will choke the F22B past 4200-4800...

The ECU has more to do with the engine than the manifold like juan said...

I've run all the Accord ECU's on my F20A and even the P39 before I got a PT2 and the only thing that came close to the PT2 was the P39... the PT3 & PT6 were decent for driving and mileage but not the best for performance...

If you don't care about eeking out every little last drop of power then run an F22Ax manifold and/or ECU and be satisfied...

This is kind of like the A4/A6 EX 4-2-1 exhaust manifold debate... if you don't care that there is a part out there that will pick you up a proven 2-4 hp and are happy with that part that is merely "good enough" then by all means... do it that way...
                RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Kewl....there's your answer BSTDCB7. I could only speculate the answers to the ECU question because I have yet to complete this swap. Thanks for the great explinations Zigen...

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                    The F22B/H23 manifold is better than the A6 manifold... it has larger diameter runners, slightly different length runners and the upper plenum is just larger...

the A1 single runner manifold can be ported out and be more effective than the A6 manifold...

I've run all the Accord ECU's on my F20A and even the P39 before I got a PT2 and the only thing that came close to the PT2 was the P39... the PT3 & PT6 were decent for driving and mileage but not the best for performance...

If you don't care about eeking out every little last drop of power then run an F22Ax manifold and/or ECU and be satisfied...

This is kind of like the A4/A6 EX 4-2-1 exhaust manifold debate... if you don't care that there is a part out there that will pick you up a proven 2-4 hp and are happy with that part that is merely "good enough" then by all means... do it that way...
                    exactly.. thanks alot balls!

Comment

Phat..or Zigen....what is the redline on your F22B?

Comment

well thanks zigen, I appreciate the information. Now since the p39 is SO hard to find then running the p14 with a knock sensor is gonna choke the motor ne ways right or wrong? I am gathering AS MUCH info as possible before doing this so it goes smoothly and I will get the most out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ

who is this guy?!?! don't listen to this guy about the intake manifold information...it's not like he has a 100 of them lying around by now along with heads and been playing the role of the mad scientist

all i have to say is a P&P H23 manifold ownz A1/A4 & A6 manifolds period
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Extrude Honed H23 manifold =

Comment

well thanks zigen, I appreciate the information. Now since the p39 is SO hard to find then running the p14 with a knock sensor is gonna choke the motor ne ways right or wrong? I am gathering AS MUCH info as possible before doing this so it goes smoothly and I will get the most out of this.
                              p14 w/ knock will work redline @ 6800 rpm.butterfies opens@ 4300 rpm
                              i cannot stress enuff how important the knock sensor is to optimum performance. i run this set up on the wag,and i love it.
                              their is ALOT of good info on the web site. do your homework,you'll learn. good luck

Comment

Yeah why the heck would it Choke the motor with a p14?

ya ya ya ya ya RESEARCH!

Comment

Working...
                                X