Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YES!! the F22B DOHC Head will fit on the F22AX Block..PERFECTLY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What specific ECU comes with the JDM F22b dohc non-vtec engine? Is it tuneable or one of the ones nobody tweaks cuz they don't know much about them?
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      What specific ECU comes with the JDM F22b dohc non-vtec engine? Is it tuneable or one of the ones nobody tweaks cuz they don't know much about them?
      jdm p39..just hard to find. im sure it can be chipped just like any other ecu.
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
        jdm p39..just hard to find. im sure it can be chipped just like any other ecu.
        Then why haven't people started to chip PT3 or PT6 ECUs? I think some people feel more comfortable with and have a better knowledge base.

Thanks for the JDM P39 info though. In terms of performance, how does this ECU compare to the H23a1 ECU? Also, is this JDM P39 used in the F20a DOHC as well (or was that a PT2?...nah I think that was on the F20a SOHC)?
        Last edited by HondaFan81; 01-10-2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Could a USDM H23a1 (P14) ECU work decent as a baseline ECU for the F22b dohc head on a F22a1 86mm bored block with 11:1 compression? Having this as a baseline ECU is cheaper then what I presume to find a manual F22b ECU (JDM P39) for. I would be tweaking the same P06 ECU I would be using for my F22a1 NA project (what's involved in converting it to SOHC?). If it requires physically messing with the ECU, I'll just get another P06 & dedicate it for this DOHC setup.

Comment

btw... its my opinoin that u dont have to block anything off when using the H23 head..

heres a picture of both h23 and f22 blocks

the differences are minimal.. im still researching for full proof.. i know its been done already.... with a different setup.. f22b2/h22a.. he had 2 plug 2 drain holes and that was it.. so well see what else i find

btw.. ud probably end up using a f23 headgasket to meet the bore's in the middle..

85mm of the f22a block and 87mm of the h23a head.. i believe if measured the head actual is like 86.5?? gotta look for that info again as well..
            so the f23 headgasket would work just fine..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Got this from my source at H-T

like i said, you can bolt the h22a head to apretty much any f22 sohc block, but after the initial mods of getting the head gasket coolant port dremeled out to line up to the head, and after pluging the oil drain hole, .. its just the little details that you have to take care of.

i mean this wasn't all that hard, but i was luck enough to have alot of parts kicking around. i mean its not like doing an ls/vtec, theres more to it than that. you need all the prelude timing equipment, need to make a custom water pipe, you have to dremel the head gasket, you need to make or have 2 oil plugs machined.. you have to get a h22 waterpump gear and put it on the f22 water pump housing. its just alot of little shit whihc i think will vary depending on wether is a f22a 1 or 2 or f22b 1 or 2. hell this can even be done with the f23.

>>>> but while im talking about possible combinations, the h23 head on a f22 would not require any oil plugs, wouldn't have to change the water pump gear. and i think you wouldn't even need to make a custom water pipe.<<<<<<<<<

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Wikked & others: Referring to Wikked's two pics above, there is a difference between the F22 and H23 head and it's on the left sides of the pics. See how the H23 on the left side has them 4 oval-like shaped passageways and the F22 only has two. You have to plug the extreme left ones (of the 4), for this to work. I've seen a decent amount of people on H-T do this.

Comment

using an f22 headgasket i dont see why would u have to?? link me to some threads cisco! i mean the guy i got my info from did his hybrid pretty successfully
                  Last edited by WiKKeDV16; 01-16-2005, 08:24 AM.

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Quote, originally posted by spanishlude »
                    hmm makes me want to put my h23 head on a f22 block and junkyard boost it! if it blows o well!!lol

here are some pics, these wern't mine, but stuff i came accross when doing rsearch, i think Gimmpygreenaccord was his name, he took these pics, even though this isn't an h22a1 head, is shows you that with the h23 head you won't have to plug anything where as on the h22 you have to.

but these ill put up for reference:

h23 head with gasket on

also.. the h22a and h23a come off the same mold.. so....

this is why im arguing what ur saying.. because.. the h22a has the same "longer" passageways.. and the h22a head still fit fine on the f22b2 block..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

heres a shot of a h22a head.. NOWHERE do u see the same length passages as on the block.. the passasges look alot more similar to F22a/h23

F23 H/G that he dremeled using a h22a headgasket as the template just to make sure some of the cooling passages were nice and cleared

extra tidbit incase anyone wants to do a f22/h22 lol

timiing setup: anything that touches the timing belt must be changed to h22a setup ,also.. u can pull the pulley off of a junked h22a water pump...and put it on ur good f22 water pump.. that way everything mounts up like stock..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

and heres where i stop i promise!!

drumking15 (10:49 PM 1/15/2005): hondabond in a corner of the head so the gasket will seal properly...when you lay the f22 gasket on the head youll see it....for the h23 head you have to make sure the oil control orifice is there

one of the guys that helped build the f22b2/h22a

im dieing to do this setup myself.. h23 head.. mmmmm

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Wikked and I had like a 30min discussion on how the H23 fits on the F22ax block, I just want to let you all know, he proved that it does work. However, it is not in my interpretation a "perfect fit", but it does work and I don't foresee reliability issues. Just wanted to clarify this. I'm still happy with my F22b buy

Comment

does the boggie dance.. w00t w00t.. boink boink!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

F22B DOHC head
                              F22ax block
                              H22 crank
                              F22 rods
                              F22 pistons

Displacement of around 2042.82 cc or 2.0L.

Rod ratio of 1.56

It would be a high & fast revving engine with less stress on the cylinder walls as opposed to the F22ax.
                              So now I'm intrigued.....anyone know where I can buy the head???
                              '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
                              '01 330i (now the wife's)
                              next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
                              It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

Comment

good luck they go like flies!
                                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Working...
                                X