*H22 started, but...*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*H22 started, but...*

ok, swap is done; took care of the fuel injector leak by replacing all the seals and rings. now, i started the car and obviously, i need the timing set coz its idling rough. but when i pushed the throttle rotor to rev it up, the motor started to die out. i know timing isn't correct, so this could be my problem, right?
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

It could be your problem..your best bet is to set the timing correctly in order to eliminate incorrect timing as a factor. If the problem still persists, them we can diagnois the problem with a shoter list of probabilities.....

Comment

since i'm still waiting for my cousin to come by to set the timing right, i saw that my fuel pressure was too low; so i adjusted it to 42(it was at 20 ) and it started to idle smoother. its currently idling at aobut 1000-1300rpms, but still need to set the timing coz i can hear my exhaust backfiring. and some more bad news:
      i think the seals on my Koyo radiator are blown due to me hydrolocking before coz its steaming up
      5.6L V8 32V DOHC
      JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

I doubt it man, Hydrolocking wont effect your radiator..but it did effect that head...(Bent Vavles)

Comment

Originally posted by FushigiRES
          I doubt it man, Hydrolocking wont effect your radiator..but it did effect that head...(Bent Vavles)
          really? coz this happened to rebels too, and when he hit vtec, coolant was sprayin' all over the place. thats why i thought i may have the same problem. *please don't remind me of my past
          5.6L V8 32V DOHC
          JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Hmmm, dunno then.... Sorry about a blast from the past...You're still the man Francis..

Comment

why dont you put the stock regulator that came with the engine back on and then put it back on later. The timing is supposed to be set to 16 degrees how hard is that? did u do a compression test on it. ?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                why dont you put the stock regulator that came with the engine back on and then put it back on later. The timing is supposed to be set to 16 degrees how hard is that? did u do a compression test on it. ?
                i have the B&M fpr, and that required cutting off the top portion of the factory fpr. also i have never really worked on my car until now(which feels good) but at the same time, hating it i've never set timing on any car, yet alone mine, thats why i can't do it, and i don't have a timing gun to begin with. a compression test was done by Fastlane; i believe it was 250's throughout...good thing right? i'll try to have these things knocked out by this weekend.

*fushigires and h22sparkle, thanks for your help
                5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

yeah, just set the timing, and it should help it out a bit. are you throwing any codes? If not, thats prolly the only major problem.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                    yeah, just set the timing, and it should help it out a bit. are you throwing any codes? If not, thats prolly the only major problem.
                    no codes last night, i started the car up and it went smoothly. but, as i tried to rev up the motor, it wouldn't let me go pass 4k rpms and i tried numerous times and still the same thing. if this is because my timing ain't set, i understand, but could it be something else? a bad ecu?? sensor???
                    Last edited by PRIMOCB7; 12-07-2004, 05:35 PM.
                    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

id check again your shit is in limp mode. Its either your oil or your water or both reset the ecu and start again. Make sure the car is fully warmed up before you do that shit too (dont just start it up and start revving)

Comment

i wouldnt rev it or do much until you set the timing. I know you cant wait to.. neither could I, but you have to.

Comment

get all your shit set to spec then test it

Comment

Glad to see your gettin it done, it does feel good knowing you did it yourself, and you also will/have learned alot through this.

Originally posted by PRIMOCB7
                            no codes last night, i started the car up and it went smoothly. but, as i tried to rev up the motor, it wouldn't let me go pass 4k rpms and i tried numerous times and still the same thing. if this is because my timing ain't set, i understand, but could it be something else? a bad ecu?? sensor???
                            Timing isnt going to cause the RPMs from reaching a certain limit, the ecu or other ignition source is what will hault the engine rpms at a preset #, via fuel cutoff or spark cutoff.

Check all your wiring related to the dizzy, coil, ecu, etc. What ecu are you using?

Also you said you got 250psi on all cylinders on a compression test? I just checked mine 2 days ago- #1-169psi #2-165psi #3-163psi #4-160psi ...........

But start off by setting the ignition timing...16btdc or if you want go ahead and advance it a degree or so. Then go from there. Good luck.

Jay
                            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                              i wouldnt rev it or do much until you set the timing. I know you cant wait to.. neither could I, but you have to.
                              yeah i know; does feel good knowing the h22 is in already, but i was hoping for no more problems.

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                              get all your shit set to spec then test it
                              sir, yes sir imma try and head over back to queens thursday coz i can't work on the car this weekend. maybe i'll holla at you if you're around the way.

Originally posted by akkordlayinkit
                              Glad to see your gettin it done, it does feel good knowing you did it yourself, and you also will/have learned alot through this.

Timing isnt going to cause the RPMs from reaching a certain limit, the ecu or other ignition source is what will hault the engine rpms at a preset #, via fuel cutoff or spark cutoff.

Check all your wiring related to the dizzy, coil, ecu, etc. What ecu are you using?

Also you said you got 250psi on all cylinders on a compression test? I just checked mine 2 days ago- #1-169psi #2-165psi #3-163psi #4-160psi ...........

But start off by setting the ignition timing...16btdc or if you want go ahead and advance it a degree or so. Then go from there. Good luck.

Jay
                              believe me jay, its been fun, but this is my first and last DIY swap. about this problem, my a6 was an external dizzy, so i didn't have to modify wiring from the dizzy. on the msd coil, i have the black/white----->negative terminal, and spliced the black/yellow and yellow together----->positive terminal. my ecu is a chipped p28 from jdmsh!t.com; spoke with them and they said to plug the ecu into another OBD1 vehicle/engine and rev it up...just to make sure the ecu isn't the problem. when Fastlane took the h22 for the buildup, they were the ones who took the compression test. i hope he wasn't throwing out any #'s, but this is what he told me:
                              #1-255psi, #2-252, #3-252, #4-251
                              hopefully by thursday, i can have this shit taken care of already. but thanks for you help too jay.
                              5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                              JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Working...
                              X