Any1 Have an AUTO H22 WITH STAGE 1 0R 2 CAMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any1 Have an AUTO H22 WITH STAGE 1 0R 2 CAMS

I was wondering if u have experienced any lag because it's auto. I was just going to go with type s cams cuz i heard there was lag with a stage 1 especially stage 2 cams with an auto tranny.

lag when? i dont have an a/t, but im just curious. is there a bigger lag between shifts or vtec engagement?

Comment

Or off the line???

Comment

before vtec engagment

so i've heard any truth to that? does it even make sense?

Comment

i ran into the same thing.. i know exactly what ur talking about..... basically ur saying that the cam will create a lag.. ur right!

on cams, especially the accord. u have to get a automatic cam which is a less lift cam that will give u the bottom end torque to accellorate. if u have a manual cam in a automatic (even a stock automatic cam versus a stock manual cam). u will see no torque off the line, but if u hammer it, u will gain a good amount off power through the RPM range... the stage 1 & 2 cams are for manuals, cause if u need to u can rev while disengaging the clutch, autos cant. so if u got a cam, aftermarket or a stock manual engine cam.. u will see a good Horse Power difference, and less bottom end torque... but if ur like me, when i race is the only time i need the horse power ... so technically, when i floor it, it does have a stutter or lag as u say, but when i hit 3k or above, it reacts like it has all the torque it needs.....

P.S.- i have a GUDE "manual" regrind cam, and i feel the lag as u say..... also, with a manual cam on an automatic, u will see more gains in the mid-top end range, then a automatic cam! manual cam in an automatic> than a automatic with a automatic type cam. (since theses type of companies use a core, or original cam and regrind or weld on material and machine it... technically the manual cam will have higher lift.............. so more power, basically get a manual cam, and make sure u specify it when u order, some companies have special cams for each tranny and motor combonation...

P.S. 2- i would say, get a stage cam, cause ya! u are ganna see a loss of a couple foot LBS. of torque but not a lot, a little "lag"..... but u will gain more HP and TQ. in the 3k and above range.....

P.S. 3- get the stage 2 and some valve spring/retainers

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

^^^^^sry! about the long explanation, i am tired, hope it works out... and i also hear that if u doa brake stand where u rev and hold the brake at the same time... then pop the brake, it will lock the torque converter at a higher RPM and virtually get rid of any "lag"...

P.S.- (i did try it, and it works.....)

good luck!!

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Working...
            X