5sp swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5sp swap

whats up every one let me say this 1st i tried to search but couldnt find anything but like the title says i want to do a 5sp swap in a 91 dx and i was wondering if it would be worth it or not and about the price range that it would run me thanks

try keyword manual conversion

Be Clean

Comment

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
      whats up every one let me say this 1st i tried to search but couldnt find anything but like the title says i want to do a 5sp swap in a 91 dx and i was wondering if it would be worth it or not and about the price range that it would run me thanks
      done right with new parts and right parts expect 1-1,300 dollars. i did mine and i missed some parts but i got it driving daily for about 900.
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Originally posted by nostringz View Post
        try keyword manual conversion
        btw nothing i just get members rides and h22 swaps and what not

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
          done right with new parts and right parts expect 1-1,300 dollars. i did mine and i missed some parts but i got it driving daily for about 900.
          is that done yourself or at a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
            btw nothing i just get members rides and h22 swaps and what not
            try harder bro, its on the sticky. good luck!
            link

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
            JANE 99 Infiniti i30
            2-9-11 - current
            "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

i did it myself ...
              Members Ride sold...
              I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Most people seem stuck on doing a 5 speed swap because they have a deep connection to their vehicle like I or some other guys on this forum have. I personally would say it is much smarter and easier to find a 5 speed car instead of converting. At least when you find a 5 speed you can still sell your automatic and make up for the loss. With the swap you cannot. Theres my take on it, look in the swap or performance sticky for the info. I just performed a swap for a friend the other day and I did it for very cheap for him. Labor was $600 and he found a donor car, than runs and drives for $300, he lucked out. Good luck.
                FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                Pm meX
                I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                H22A Swap
                I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Originally posted by CBAccordA4 View Post
                  Most people seem stuck on doing a 5 speed swap because they have a deep connection to their vehicle like I or some other guys on this forum have. I personally would say it is much smarter and easier to find a 5 speed car instead of converting. At least when you find a 5 speed you can still sell your automatic and make up for the loss. With the swap you cannot. Theres my take on it, look in the swap or performance sticky for the info. I just performed a swap for a friend the other day and I did it for very cheap for him. Labor was $600 and he found a donor car, than runs and drives for $300, he lucked out. Good luck.
                  ^^^IMO, you are correct.

that would be the best route to go but most of us on this forum are solid Gear Heads! Im one of them! I felt better doing the swap than buying another 5 spd. because of the blood, sweat, and tears I put in to make the swap happen. I literally cried when I started my CB after the swap because It worked! I couldnt belive I accomplished a mission that NONE of my friends thought it was possible to do! They thought that it wasnt going to work! (thanks to CB7Tuner.com I couldnt have done it without you guys!!) You stated that most of us have a deep connection to our rides. Im one of them!

Comment

To the OP:

here are the threads that helped me on my swap

http://hondaswap.com/accord/how-auto-manual-88047/

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1237137

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56085

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=&threadid=588

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...967#post731745

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=87920

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...344#post327467

YOU MUST READ THE THREADS AND UNDERSTAND THEM IF YOU ARE GOING TO ATTEMPT TO DO THIS! My swap wasnt really hard. the only hard part was welding and running the clutch lines. I purchased most of my parts from the J/Y. Even the trans. My total was no more than $400 (new clutch, flywheel etc..). There is a thread around here that I posted on how much all the parts costed me.
                    Last edited by plee3; 06-29-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plee3 View Post
                      ^^^IMO, you are correct.

that would be the best route to go but most of us on this forum are solid Gear Heads! Im one of them! I felt better doing the swap than buying another 5 spd. because of the blood, sweat, and tears I put in to make the swap happen. I literally cried when I started my CB after the swap because It worked! I couldnt belive I accomplished a mission that NONE of my friends thought it was possible to do! They thought that it wasnt going to work! (thanks to CB7Tuner.com I couldnt have done it without you guys!!) You stated that most of us have a deep connection to our rides. Im one of them!
                      Same exact thing here, people doubted me as well plus the car was my baby, I wasnt giving in for shit. When you can do it yourself, its great but paying $700 to get it done is kinda rough. Oh well, if you cant do the work gotta pay fellas. Might as well pay me. I've done 3 so far. My car and one posted in the swap forums for f22a to f22b headswap.
                      FOR SALE on cb7tuner only for now. Want it in the right hands
                      Pm meX
                      I do swaps in NYC/LI area: Hit me up for a quote.

MY WHIP
                      H22A Swap
                      I'm 'THE STIG'

Comment

Same exact thing here, people doubted me as well plus the car was my baby, I wasnt giving in for shit. When you can do it yourself, its great but paying $700 to get it done is kinda rough. Oh well, if you cant do the work gotta pay fellas. Might as well pay me. I've done 3 so far. My car and one posted in the swap forums for f22a to f22b headswap.
                        yo i feel my trans going me i cant do it i dont have the tools and the room to do so or i would because i have the knowledge to but if it comes down to that i might just take you up on that because u have the experience with these cars and u live in ny...where in ny u from tho?

Comment

I sold my last complete swap parts for $250 includeding the tranny to someone local and he had someone do the labor for $400. Thats using the Honda tranny mount I pulled off my parts car. So, if you had the skills this can be done around $250+ if resurfacing the flywheel or replace, and clutch. Im about to have another tranny swap parts going up for sale. I have it, just need to pull it. Lucky, my EX wagon came 5sp
                          Last edited by H22WAGON93; 06-29-2010, 10:49 PM.
                          NEW PSN
                          H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                          RIP

Comment

i've only just seen your sig...

what wheels are those??? SO SEXY

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Working...
                            X