Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F22A6 Block With F22b head. Can it be done what do i need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A6 Block With F22b head. Can it be done what do i need?

I want to swap in an f22b head on my f22a6 block, will it fit and do need to swap anything else to make it work???

thats just a waste of time bro f22a head flows way better

Comment

Alot of people say the f22b head flows alot less but they look very similar in design, without flow benching it who knows. Im assuming your talking bout the DOHC non vtec. There a few ways of doin it. On mine, I used the f22a waterpump,f22b lower crank sprocket, and the gsr timing belt. Everythng else should be plug nd play lik the sohc.

MRT H22A - 302whp - N2O
      MRT F22B - 643whp - 529tq @ 30psi
      11.33 @ 131mph @ 27psi

Comment

is the f22b the sohc vtec head???????

Comment

It can get confusing, he could be talking about the JDM F22B dohc non-vtec, F22B1 sohc vtec, F22B2/B6, etc... I'd also assume he's talking JDM but who knows.

Comment

JDM F22B head is almost a direct swap. Very easy. A decent upgrade as it is, and there is no data that I am aware of regarding its flow capabilities.

The F22B1 (VTEC) head flows like crap... and the reason I say this is because Bisimoto DID bench test it, and discovered that the port design and valve angle are not ideal for performance. The F22B2 (non-VTEC) head is not much better.

The F22A1 has been proven to flow EXTREMELY well, especially when properly modified. This is the reason why Bisimoto's 450+whp drag car uses an F22A head.

Head swaps are really not worth it with these engines... yet every kiddie wants to do it because it sounds cool.

Comment

I keep wondering why everyone assumes its the Sohc engine when I say F22B.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Most people aren't smart enough to ask... and Honda was dumb enough to expect the world to know the difference between engine codes with numbers and without numbers!

F22B DOHC is the only way to ensure people know what you're referring to.
                And for threads like this, most people assume that a noobie is going to want to slap on the almighty vtaaaaaaaaaak with the F22B1 head. That assumption is usually correct.

Comment

True haha, My gf and I keep telling CB7 guys we got the F22B for her coupe, and they all say"why would you want that?" "Oh its the DOHC?". What other F22B is there? haha.

OP I do believe this thread should answer your questions.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158215
                  1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It's like saying H22A. It could be H22A, H22A1, H22A4, or one of the euro/australian ones.

F22B IS the correct term for the DOHC, but it can be confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The F22A1 has been proven to flow EXTREMELY well, especially when properly modified.
                      no they dont, who do you think you are mister
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Working...
                      X