• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks bro

92 cb7 http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176886

91 cb9 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by IridiumCore View Post
      To be honest I'm new to whole swap game. We tested compression. The one I didn't look at was the third cylinder. another guy started talking to me. I have had a cylinder go bad before and these symptoms with all the other checks on the fuel system, intake, and idle systems not yeilding any results leads to a bad cylinder. Given the quotes on a repair for this I may just go to hmotors. At least my motor will be shiney then lmao. But seriously what else could it be.

Tippey I'm on the other thread with you about the very bad idle bro just dpnt want this to be your issue too.
      i have bought 3 motors from them...my old h22 which i turboed and lasted for about a year of constant beating with no tune...and the only reason it fucked up is cause i crashed.....my current f22b dohc and jabers f22b dohc and they bolth run mint.....there return policy is 30 days prior to purche if installed by a non certified mechnic..aka if u dont have a recipt showing a shop did the swap then its 30 days...90 days if a shop does it...there not bad i even lied to them past my 30 day warrenty saying i had a rod knock and they wanted to give me a %50 discount of a another motor...there only shady because because when something goes wrong withh there purchesed motror..the purchesser that installed wrong they go and demand what they want instead of explaining the situation....my friend works there and he told me about all this...
      Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 07-19-2011, 12:10 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
        i have bought 3 motors from them...my old h22 which i turboed and lasted for about a year of constant beating with no tune...and the only reason it fucked up is cause i crashed.....my current f22b dohc and jabers f22b dohc and they bolth run mint.....there return policy is 30 days prior to purche if installed by a non certified mechnic..aka if u dont have a recipt showing a shop did the swap then its 30 days...90 days if a shop does it...there not bad i even lied to them past my 30 day warrenty saying i had a rod knock and they wanted to give me a %50 discount of a another motor...there only shady because because when something goes wrong withh there purchesed motror..the purchesser that installed wrong they go and demand what they want instead of explaining the situation....my friend works there and he told me about all this...
        Yeah prwtty much I got it in november installed in june. So either way certified mechanic or not I'm beat. But the motor has a bad cylinder and its been that way since I started it.
        IridiumCore
        HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
        Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

Comment

To be honest I'm new to whole swap game. We tested compression. The one I didn't look at was the third cylinder.
          Pay someone to diagnosis it... Pay an hour or so of labor...

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
            Pay someone to diagnosis it... Pay an hour or so of labor...
            Believe you me I'm dropping it off this weekend. Hopefully yhey get to it by Sunday night ciz I gotta work. Craps just got me frustrated. She my not look too good but I put a good amoint of time, money, and even blood into this car to let it go to crap. More money. I'm about to put this thing to the track I need a return on my investment. Ha yeah right.
            IridiumCore
            HCK-The Beginning

Comment

hmotors man. tough lesson learned for you my friend.

u may pay more but in the long run fixing a effed up motor will cost you more in the end. + h motors grantees all sensors and everything basically. legit company and fair prices.

and you do get what you pay for ladies and gents. i cant preach that enough.
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

already own it

If you already have the motor for the price of another one from hmotors you could have that one rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing.

Parts for engine rebuilds are actually quite reasonable from honda.

Stock h22 pistons are like 40 bucks a pop, and type s are $50 the seals, belts, water pump and bearings will be around 400 for everything then you can spend the money to get rods and have the assembly balanced and rebuilt for about the price of another motor.

This doesn't help you if your problem lies outside the motor, but the insides will be nice new and as long as the builder isn't an idiot last another 20 years.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

I am going the hmotors for my next swap. And yes I intend on doing this again. Not that I have the money to just do these things but I do want cb coupe.
                  IridiumCore
                  HCK-The Beginning

Comment

It sounds to me like your jumping the gun on what is really wrong with your engine. Have you even bothered contacting them to see what they will do for you? I've purchased a few motors from them and have not had a single problem.
                    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

Originally posted by mayberry View Post
                      It sounds to me like your jumping the gun on what is really wrong with your engine. Have you even bothered contacting them to see what they will do for you? I've purchased a few motors from them and have not had a single problem.
                      I've had motors with bad cylinders and this one is running similar symptoms. Although no one will really confirm what I think its like everyone is in denial.

If I'm wrong I'll make a big post about it. I have never been afraid to admit that I'm wrong however I really don't think I am. I'll even go so far as to call them and tell them "hey listen I was wrong about you guys I'll purchase my next motor from you all." And actually purchase the motor from them and pick it up.

Although they weren't willing to give me something as simple as the spark plug cover bolt since one was snapped off in there.
                      IridiumCore
                      HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Yeaa jdm engine depot is a hit or miss. My bro got a d15 an runs great! Now my other bro got the JDM D16A sohc motor, an it has nasty blowby!

Comment

Ok I'm leaning towards being wrong but I agree that they are hit or miss. So far out of all the mechanics I've seen and I just dropped it off again this morning. None of them know what wrong and all but one wants to buy my car. So I'm done wasting time with these people. I'm retracing my steps so I'll be pulling the motor and making sure I got everything in right and in the right place.
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

They are hit or miss. I purchased a B16 for my EF sedan and it ran beautiful!!! My boy purchased a H22 for his EG coupe and the head was warped. Pulled the VC off and the head looked terrible. It seem like it never had an oil changed. It had stuff caked all over the Valve Train. My B16, perfect. We got our motors the same day.
                            I fly by like the coupe grew wings!!!
                            Speeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            My coupe!!!
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=152924

Originally posted by Racer_XXX
                            Excuse me miss, YOUR FUPA IS IN THE WAY!!!

Comment

Ok I'm leaning towards being wrong but I agree that they are hit or miss. So far out of all the mechanics I've seen and I just dropped it off again this morning. None of them know what wrong and all but one wants to buy my car. So I'm done wasting time with these people. I'm retracing my steps so I'll be pulling the motor and making sure I got everything in right and in the right place.
                              Your pulling the motor to see what you did wrong?.... How will that help......Dude... Bring it to someone who knows what they are doing. A different mechanic or someone else experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                                Your pulling the motor to see what you did wrong?.... How will that help......Dude... Bring it to someone who knows what they are doing. A different mechanic or someone else experienced.
                                Dude all tje people I have gone to are stumped. Most shops wont work on it. Some have explicitly said "I can't tell you what's wrong but I'll buy it off you" the last place I went to had no clue how to work on it. I have been too pepboys, sts and a few ma and pa shops. O figure I gotta be my own mechanic unless it super serious. Judging by the fact the most these mechanics want to buy it, I don't think its serious as I mentioned. Om not admitting that I'm wrong until I fix it. I'm trying the fuel pressure regulator before I pull everything. That was the only thing I didn't swap. In the required parts thread it indicated I should have used the one from the prelude.
                                IridiumCore
                                HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Working...
                                X