ODB CB7 J-swap/Shave and Tuck Pix Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODB CB7 J-swap/Shave and Tuck Pix Thread

As some of you may know or not know i have a small company on the side called ODB Welding Werks and I do alot of custom work. Mainly engine bay shaves, tucks, roll cages and basically any kind of custom fabrication work. Well it just so happens that my next project is a CB7 and I figured why the hell not share it with you guys.
    Here is a little info on the car. Not going to give away to much because I dont wanna spill all the beans, but this will not be a run of the mill h22 swapped cb. It will be j swapped, shaved, tucked and covered with only the finest parts. The car arrives thursday evening and the work starts saturday. I will post progress pics everyday I work on it. Meanwhile here is the before pic of the car and a few other pics of some of my other works. Enjoy!

This is an EM1 I have going on right now. It will be on hold till the CB is done. Im doing FULL shave, brake and wire tuck. Building him some turbo parts later on too. As you can tell its far from finished but coming along well. About 80 hours so far but I also disassembled the car. Interior and engine.

This was my very first shave. I did it 2 years ago now. It has seen lots of coverage and won at many shows. Its a different color now but i cant post any pics of it. Look for it in a big publication in the upcoming months. : )

I didnt do all the shave work in this bay but I welded every hole and stitch welded every seam. Not to mention cut brake studs and dug all the factory seam sealer out. The body work in the bay and paint was done by Rogue Auto Werks

Last edited by 91b20ed; 01-04-2012, 09:53 PM.
    ODBWeldingWerks
    Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Nice work man, what does work like this cost? Is the cb7 your car or a customer. And in your area do they have emission testing?

Comment

Its a customers car and no, we dont have emissions testing in FL at all. Really depends on how far you want to go as far as cost but thats not really what the thread is about. Not looking to promote my buisness, just to showcase a CB7 bay shave process.
      Last edited by 91b20ed; 01-08-2012, 01:45 AM. Reason: typo
      ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Cool I ask about the testing because in order to do a complete tuck and shave all the emission parts have to be removed. I wounder what they do in areas that need testing? Thanks for sharing Your work, make sure to keep us posted.

Comment

Nice work man, those bays look amazing!
          1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
          For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

That is so ssicckk

Comment

Definitely going to be watching this.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
              Originally posted by Stephen Fry
              'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
              Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

nice work homie

Ride List
                1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

Heck ya, Babe!
                  I'm glad Ben is letting you do a thread on the process! This is going to be VERY useful to a lot of members.

Hopefully I can get penciled in- after Ben, Brian, Joey, and Yourself!

hahahahahhaha

I'm playin'.
                  But not really.
                  :P
                  Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Comment

Thats mike paz car right, im oscar, you prob have seen my car I work for chris at autotechniques
                    I shaved my engine bay and converted all my wiring to a mil-spec type connector, it nice to know this car will look awsome, since paz, and ben's car are very mag worth
                    I wouldnt mind helping with some of the wiring hmu
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Yes sir, the EM1 belongs to Mike Paz and the EJ1 belong to Gerard Aches. Mikes was my first and if I could go back I would do a few things different but I was pleased with the way it came out. Buisness going well for Christian these days? I love the purple RSX that was recently done there. Christian painted my integra as well.
                      ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Nice work!

Love seeing fatty J's stuffed into tiny civics.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyG View Post
                          Heck ya, Babe!
                          I'm glad Ben is letting you do a thread on the process! This is going to be VERY useful to a lot of members.

Hopefully I can get penciled in- after Ben, Brian, Joey, and Yourself!

hahahahahhaha

I'm playin'.
                          But not really.
                          :P
                          Thanx babe. Your time will definately come as well.
                          ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

would like to see in person progress if possible, really looking forward to this
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Idk man, Im real serious about the amount of people that know where I live. Im sure you understand. Nothing personal.
                              ODBWeldingWerks

Comment

Working...
                              X