Straight Success H22 Swap Journal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yo...

This thing is quick; I mean very quick. The throttle response is ridiculous, and it revs up so damn fast. My F was never no where close to being this peppy. I break traction in first gear at half throttle. That's even when I'm not in VTEC. I hear and feel the crossover, so everything is working as it should including my IAB. I checked. Pictures to come.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

thats pretty exciting.
      ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

Hard work pays off. That is very good news!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Honda knows how to make a fun feeling powertrain for sure.
          '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

Ahh yes the feel for the h22 swap for the very first time brings back memories

Comment

Originally posted by cb7 calling View Post
              thats pretty exciting.
              Exactly. Now, I'm setting new goals and bigger projects in front of me. I'm not sure what to do with my car now besides the plans to keep dumping pocket change into her here and there.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
              Hard work pays off. That is very good news!
              That it does. College showed me that initially.

Originally posted by domesticated View Post
              Honda knows how to make a fun feeling powertrain for sure.
              Fun; yeah! Exhilarating and scare the living sh!t out of you; not yet!

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              Ahh yes the feel for the h22 swap for the very first time brings back memories
              Yup. This was warm up for the next big thing.

One important word I see in my near future; Pro-Touring.

Stay tuned.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

congrats man, on getting everything running smoothly. I remember riding in my first h22 cb and I loved it! But I am a f-series underdog, boost kind of guy lol. I am still waiting to see pictures and am curious to see your future plans.
                ~Nick~
                FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

nice job

Well done happy for u cant wait for the day when i turn the key.
                  a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                  out with the old and in with the new

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    congrats man, on getting everything running smoothly. I remember riding in my first h22 cb and I loved it! But I am a f-series underdog, boost kind of guy lol. I am still waiting to see pictures and am curious to see your future plans.
                    Originally posted by jaykilla116 View Post
                    Well done happy for u cant wait for the day when i turn the key.
                    Thank you all. It's a good feeling when things work right, sorta.

Also, I just ordered a chipped P28. I'm kind of toying with the idea of selling her. Come this week I'll have 3 vehicles and a motorcycle.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Updates...

Currently Keshia is running okay, and she's used primarily a DD (basically on the days when I drive it, which maybe is about 7 or 8 times a month).

I put the car up for sale, but as I need another small additional project to keep me occupied, I'm leaning toward another H22 build (an all out bullet proof build).

I haven't decided exactly when I will embark on this new journey, but if I don't sell her, it'll probably get started in January.

Some details that I'm thinking about.

'92-'96 closed deck block - sleeved.
                      ~12.0:1 compression tuned on pump gas.
                      ~100-150 of spray.
                      M2B4 or T2W4 transmission with H2U5 5th gear swap.

I'm pushing for 12's in the quarter, and still have a functional fair to good gas mileage machine.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

This brings back memories, and having this experience under my belt, I can vision what the S10 will turn into.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Getting that nostalgia feeling as I'm looking through this thread as I'm just about done planning for my new project. Wishfully things work out the way I'm planning or even better.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Working...
                          X