Axles with h22 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axles with h22 swap

Does it matter what axles i get for my swap? Or does it have to be accord ones? My car is making a bad vibration on the right side when i turn

accord is the only ones that fit.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Really ? Dang it thanks for the help

I put prelude axles on
      Last edited by Jarrett; 03-21-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woody7193
        I put prelude axles on
        you can use prelude axles

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194049

Comment

Not correctly. You'll be able to assemble everything as long as you have both the Prelude driver side axle and intermediate shaft but it will eventually fail. The Accord driver side axle is 23.5" and the Prelude axle just under 22.75". That added distance the Prelude axle is trying to stretch will strain it. The passenger side is independent of the driver side altogether but it's an even bigger difference. The passenger Accord is 26.625" and the Prelude is 24.75".

There is no conceivable reason to use the Prelude axles. If you have a manual transmission Accord reuse your axles and get back on the road. If you're swapping from an automatic in the middle of your manual transmission H22A swap then go buy new axles and intermediate shaft for the Accord.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

just swapped them out with accord axles feels way better, as I was taking out the prelude axles transmission fluid drained out and when I tested my car out it moved halfway around the corner and then my car wouldn't go on the last corner , so my guess is that the transmission needs fluid

Comment

Use the stock axles and stock accord intermediate shaft.

Comment

It has been common knowledge that the Accord axles are to be used in an H22A swap for well over a decade now. It has been documented on this site for about that long as well, and I believe it has always been very easily found in a "sticky" thread.
                It boggles my mind that someone could be a member of this site, perform the H22A swap, and not know this.

Comment

Originally posted by woody7193 View Post
                  just swapped them out with accord axles feels way better, as I was taking out the prelude axles transmission fluid drained out and when I tested my car out it moved halfway around the corner and then my car wouldn't go on the last corner , so my guess is that the transmission needs fluid
                  Yeah... you should have topped of the transmission fluid before you test drove the car...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    It has been common knowledge that the Accord axles are to be used in an H22A swap for well over a decade now. It has been documented on this site for about that long as well, and I believe it has always been very easily found in a "sticky" thread.
                    It boggles my mind that someone could be a member of this site, perform the H22A swap, and not know this.
                    I agree with Deev and this goes with the K'Series swap as-well, try to read guides or use the search engine to members mocking you and/or getting band.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

I probably just read it wrong , but glad I have this site to help me out with all my mistakes, also figure out that the axle just came off the transmission thats why the car didnt move

Comment

Steve @ HMO said to use the accord axles used with the F

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          lol

Comment

Any reason why axle keeps coming loose?

Comment

Originally posted by woody7193 View Post
                              Any reason why axle keeps coming loose?
                              Youre not fully engaging it. It takes a little force. I use grease to keep the C-clip centered on the rod. Install and give it a good shove so you hear a pop like cracking your knuckle or something. then a little tug, if it doesnt come out youve succeded. if it does try again. if you cant get it, inspect things.

Comment

Working...
                              X